Human Resources (HR) Systems Manager
US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the HR Systems Manager, you are responsible for managing and supporting systems utilized by the HR function, including Workday. You will own the HR Systems solution road-map including evaluating and providing recommendations for new features and functions and managing the relationships with chosen implementation partners and support vendors. Managing one direct report focused on Workday, you will guide their work with a focus on system & data integrity, reporting/analytics, and business processes. You will balance your time to include production support, data uploads, implementation efforts, and integrations with other systems. Additionally, the HR Systems Manager works closely with the IT systems team to adopt and promote IT best practices to ensure adequate security and change control over the production environments.
Your role requires that you collaborate with the global HR team, Payroll, IT and other relevant teams across Brooks to manage and support all current and future HR systems. You will be responsible for retiring legacy solutions and consolidate on a single global solution.
- Product ownership and support for major HR systems including Workday and Lever.
- Responsible for overall health, planning, and solution for HR system(s) and collaboration with related business functions at Brooks. Includes HR systems road-map, implementation of new HR solution(s), decommission of old system(s), and overall user adoption.
- Ensure daily HR systems operability and optimization, as well as manage the effects of planned system enhancements on current business processes both within in the system and on HR team.
- Drive annual processes in the system such as Benefit Open Enrollment and quarterly reviews by partnering with the process owner. Work closely with the HR Talent team, HR Operations and all managers and employees to ensure the success of the Brooks processes.
- Manage all applicable vendor relationships providing support services including system changes, statements of work, and Service Level Agreements to ensure performance and deliverables adhere to contract terms.
- Drive the RFP process as needed, requesting proposals and identifying the appropriate vendor and serve as project manager for HR system projects utilizing vendor support.
- Lead the business initiative process related to garnering resources necessary to evolve HR systems.
- Facilitate regular HR meetings (as needed) to discuss system enhancements and necessary business process adjustments.
- Collaborate with system users to understand dependencies, change control, implementation planning, etc.
- Establish reporting and analytics supported by HR solutions.
- Manage system upgrades, fixes and enhancements and ensure change control processes are followed for approvals, planning, testing, documentation and implementation.
- Utilize business analyst expertise to drive implementations as well as ongoing business requirements elicitation, process mapping, gap fit, training and other relevant BA skills.
- Create and present end-user training for new systems and implementation of new features for current systems.
- Develop and maintain documentation including user guides, business process and security documentation, system and data interfaces, and controls for each assigned application.
- Manage and document system access roles and permissions including access provisioning. Meet all compliance requirements and documentation.
- Collaborate with IT Security to address disaster recovery and direct annual testing for each assigned application based on business criticality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant major. Additional higher education and/or technical certifications a plus! Relevant experience can be substituted for education.
- 4+ years of experience implementing, administering, managing and/or supporting HR systems. Specific experience with Workday HCM required.
- 1+ year management experienced desired
- Experience in Business Process Management and general business analyst skill set a plus.
- Highly developed troubleshooting skills; tenacity and hunger for finding the root cause of a problem.
- Business requirements elicitation skills and experience a plus.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organizing and executing tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to tailor approach based on audience and message.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills that inspire and build trust for effective working relationships across the company.
- Proven ability to operate successfully in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Dependable and reliable.
- Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ corporate values.
Brooks is an equal employment opportunity employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on any protected class. Brooks is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. This commitment applies to all phases of recruitment and employment. Brooks will strive to ensure that its policies and decisions are implemented with the spirit of this commitment to equal employment opportunity in mind.