Systems Analyst III
US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Brooks Systems Analyst III, you will contribute to scaling and supporting the global applications portfolio and the overall strategic technology roadmap as it relates to the ERP at Brooks, Infor M3 for Fashion.
Given Brooks has a buy vs. build strategy; you will be part of a global team charged with integrating and supporting systems selected to meet the needs of the business. Of utmost importance is maintaining the enterprise applications in and around the ERP and enterprise middleware, with best practices, processes, standards, and tools. This includes effectively integrating the core systems with complementary and often cloud-based solutions to provide seamless, innovative and feature rich technology that supports the robust growth of our expanding global business.
Your role requires you to collaborate with internal and external development partners, Finance, Logistics and Customer Service teams at Brooks; ensuring consistent availability of business functionality and effective communications between applications. Where applicable, you will work with our cloud-hosting providers to ensure reliable delivery of application services. This role adopts and promotes IT best practices to ensure ITTL-based change control over their production environments. Paramount responsibility is ensuring that customer facing transactions are processed efficiently, accurately and effectively.
- Lead the effort of integrating ERP with other applications utilizing a variety of middleware technologies mainly Infor M3 (MEC) and ION.
- Infor M3 ERP and ION Technology Expert on implementation teams for ERP upgrades, new integration projects and projects kicked off to dissolve technical debt, such as point-to-point integrations. Ensure standard technical delivery and simplify operations and adhere to a global delivery model, as much as possible.
- Develop and maintain documentation including business process flows as shared between different applications, integration mappings, system context diagrams, system and data interfaces, and controls for each application.
- Serve as first-line support and monitor active support tickets and expedite resolution working with the vendor.
- Perform root-cause-analysis on production application and integration failures and drive necessary remediation of defects. Coordinate resolution on serious incidents and extraordinary requirements
- Ensure housekeeping routines and data quality standards are followed.
- Work with the vendor and other IT teams to promote further automation and process streamlining.
- Jointly own with the vendors, the delivery of enhancements, break-fixes, patches, updates and upgrades.
- Maintain a roadmap for all significant updates to the ERP and all interfaces.
- Lead regular meeting with appropriate levels on the IT team and vendor to fix issues and planning around ERP. Ensure that the agreed upon service delivery SLAs are met.
- Work closely with the vendors and internal team to meet functional reporting needs in the most cost-effective way and controlling access to reporting tools.
- Be a positive and active force for change programs around ERP, particularly around upgrades and cloud migrations.
- Be an ITIL best practices champion. Use ServiceNow (IT Helpdesk) to report and track incidents.
- Support system upgrades, fixes and enhancements and ensure that ITIL-based change control processes are followed for approvals, planning, testing, documentation and implementation.
- Participate in development of disaster recovery plans and annual testing for each assigned application based on business criticality. Provide input to ensure disaster recovery documentation is current and complete with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant major or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of overall IT experience
- 4+ years of experience as a technical/systems analyst or developer, working with integrations preferably using Infor technologies such as Infor ION, in context of an ERP system (Preferably Infor M3).
- 3+ year of Java programming experience is strongly preferred. Also, familiar with integration technologies and development concepts such as – EDI, XML, JAVA Spring Boot, Web Services, APIs, etc.
- 3+ years of ERP application support experience (Infor M3 preferred): implementing, administering, managing and/or supporting ERP systems, preferably in the consumer goods industry.
- Experience with a WMS system is a plus, desire to learn new applications is required.
- Prior experience supporting a SaaS application is a plus.
- Expert in using SQL to query databases to help with research and troubleshooting efforts.
- Experience with a variety of development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) and SDLC best practices.
- Highly developed troubleshooting skills; tenacity and hunger for finding the root cause of a problem.
- Business requirements elicitation skills and experience.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organizing and executing tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Working knowledge of Visio and preferred knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to tailor approach based on audience and message.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills that inspire and build trust for effective working relationships across the company.
- Knowledge of ITIL service management framework and best practices for systems administration.
- Dependable and reliable; available to provide after-hours support as needed.
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) occasionally to other Brooks locations.
- Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ corporate values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, Be Active
Brooks is an equal employment opportunity employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on any protected class. Brooks is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. This commitment applies to all phases of recruitment and employment. Brooks will strive to ensure that its policies and decisions are implemented with the spirit of this commitment to equal employment opportunity in mind.