US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Digital Products Web Developer is a pivotal part of the growing Brooks Digital Products team and has the opportunity to be one of the key players in the growth of our global web business, working to improve both the end user experience as well as increase revenue. You will work with both front-end and back-end technologies to help Brooks reach company goals, and you will take action against a prioritized list of projects and initiatives designed to optimize Brooks’ web sites.
- Adapt, develop and deploy scalable and appropriate solutions across global suite of websites using the Salesforce Commerce Cloud development (customization) framework
- Perform complete testing of all developed units and components including but not limited to browser compatibility handling and unit test creation
- Learn and keep current on the web applications and best practices used by the development team
- Participate in all end-to-end and regression testing
- Manage source code and release management processes
- Support all integration points and system administrator tasks and processes
- Collaborate with team members to translate project requirements into solutions
- Contribute to documentation infrastructure allowing members of Digital Products team to outline system architecture, design patterns and workflows
- Participate in and improve an agile development environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Conversant knowledge of responsive design techniques, pattern library development, and website performance optimization techniques
- Previous experience with VSCode is a plus
- Conversant knowledge of distributed, component-based architectures
- Conversant knowledge of web accessibility principles (W3C)
- Proficient with engineering tools such as bug tracking and source code control systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and balance priorities, to work both independently and as part of the team, and to manage time efficiently are all important to this position
- Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate with less-technical teammates
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes.
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.