Footwear Process Engineer II
Ho Chi Minh City
Footwear – Footwear Product Development (Asia) /
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
The Process Engineer II plays a key role in building the best footwear for the runner by optimizing and improving our processes to ensure the highest quality products are delivered efficiently and cost effectively. You will work cross functionally with development, costing, commercialization team, and T1/T2/T3 factory partners to confirm productprocess accuracy and tosupport Brooks Asia-based development team to achieve the best product on cost, efficiency, quality, and sustainability objectives. In your role, you will actively work on process issues from development stage through product confirmation while collaborating with partner functions to drive product creation and confirmation processes by creating a Process Flow Chart (PFC) in conjunction with the T1 factory to ensure products meet or exceed our quality and FIT/FEEL/RIDE, quality, and Crafted Beauty standards. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of footwear manufacturing processes from concept to commercialization and has problem solving skills and the ability to facilitate, discuss and align with Senior Process Engineer or manager to publish a PFC.
· Standardize process methods and untilize standardized PFC templates across R&D centers to ensure product benchmarks, quality, and consistency are maintained across multiple manufacturing factories and across different countries and for single, dual or multi-source projects.
· Recommend solutions and educate cross functional team members to ensure a PFC is manufacturable and meets FIT/FEEL/RIDE, cost, and quality expectations.
· Develop partnerships with Brooks cross-functional teams and factory suppliers to enable joint problem solving to achieve better products with optimized process efficiencies and overall productivities.
· Work cross-functionally with development, costing, commercialization team, and T1/T2/T3 factory partners to confirm productprocess accuracy and manufacturing readiness.
· • Proactively communicate to identify potential issues and provide solutions and risk assessment during the product cycle and in the adoption of new manufacturing methods and/or new technologies.
· Act as technical expert to the development, commercialization and manufacturing teams during the entire product creation process.
· Utilize an in-depth understanding of the footwear manufacturing process to identify issues and provide "the why”, options and solutions to achieve product objectives from a quality, cost, performance and design perspective.
· Make decisions on the PFC how to move forward; when issues arise make the final call and provide the team with clear direction on how to move forward.
· Develop, maintain and document process best practices and record learnings from each season/product to educate cross functional teams and T1/T2/T3 on seasonal basis new learnings.
· Keep up to date on latest footwear trends and manufacturing process and techniques to identify opportunities to optimize our current methodologies and processes.
· Colloborate with the development and commercialization teams on the introduction of new technologies tools or processes.
· Bachelor’s degree in process engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
· 5+ yrs relevant experience in the process&product of Athletic footwear
· 5+ years of experience working on the PFC confirmation and process decision making.
· High level understanding of footwear construction and manufacturing processes from concept to commercialization including upper preparation, cutting, stitching, HF&HF welding, upper 2D&3D screen printing, bottom stockfit and assembly.
· Demonstrate good problem-solving skills with persistent questioning to find out the “whys?” to Required to be fluent in English (writing and speaking) and able to communicate clearly with both the Asia and USA teams.
· Strong communication, solving, projects management skills and a willingness to work in a collaborative environment is essential.
· Practical work experience in all the areas of production is essential.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
· You must be able to travel globally as required for the job.
Reports to: Engineering Manager, Footwear R&D - Asia
Department: Footwear Product Development Team 36
Position Classification: Exempt
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.