Retail Marketing Manager – Spain
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Retail Marketing Manager, Spain leads the retail marketing activities (offline and online) and manages the marketing team in the region. You will lead integrated marketing efforts for our Strategic and Key Accounts which includes developing and delivering account-specific trade marketing strategies that align with brand and sales objectives. You will also develop and monitor retail marketing plans, manage the retail marketing budget and be a key participant in strategy planning. You will direct the Digital Marketing Coordinator to ensure deliverables meet objectives.
Central to the role is building a positive relationship with retailers and the Sales, Tech reps and Marketing teams.
- Develop Retail Marketing activity/programs for Spain.
- Lead, coach and develop the Digital Marketing Coordinator.
- Plan, present, activate and monitor retail marketing plans for retailer segments (particularly for Key accounts) based on the seasonal demand and sales plans for Spain as directed by EMEA.
- Build strong relationships with retailers with a focus on Strategic and Key Accounts.
- Partner with Sales and Tech Rep teams on POS retail marketing support and seasonal launch plans.
- Ensure consistent and continuous visibility of the Brooks brand and products at POS (brick & mortar, online, social, PR, retail events) as well as continuous marketing support of Sales and Tech Reps to drive sell through
- Plan and execute project requests for in-store and digital retail needs that are executed on time and within budget
- Travel to account meetings and tradeshows for retail marketing presentations and other commitments.
- Liaise with the EMEA team to meet close deadlines and ensure deliverables are met on time.
- Work closely with the EMEA Marketing team to ensure all Spanish requirements are part of the EMEA strategy and planning.
- Bring new ideas to attract, engage and connect with new target groups.
- Secure space in new stores for Brooks branded space.
- Ensure alignment and integration with the Communication Specialist in order to ensure consistent key seasonal brand messaging across retail, media, digital and events.
- Manage the retail marketing budget to support our brand awareness and growth strategy.
- Define marketing objectives, KPI’s and ensure periodic follow-ups with all members of the team
- Develop a thorough understanding of our consumers, competitors and market knowledge and provide data driven feedback to EMEA Marketing and leadership team.
- Create a distinct POV that executes the Brooks EMEA strategy and drives brand awareness with runners in Spain. Do this through the execution of Run Happy and a strong connection to our retail partners.
- Promote uniformity and consistency of our brand.
- Bring Run Happy to life in all marketing executions.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business/marketing)
- 3+ years of relevant sales and/or marketing experience (brand, footwear, retail & lifestyle experience, event experience)
- 1+ years of experience in managing/leading a team
- Proficiency in Spanish and fluency in English
- Good understanding of brand building and integrated marketing approach
- Experienced with marketing & communications mix at country and/ or international level (ideally in an international environment);
- Thinks strategically and executes tactically
- Good understanding and knowledge of retail and direct marketing
- Must have proven experience in co-operation with retail marketing and sales;
- Readiness to travel frequently and attend meetings and offerings with customers as well as events
- Able to generate new ideas and creative solutions;
- Drive & energetic, trend-conscious; sport-savvy
- Flexibility to work on own initiative or within the team and cross-functional framework;
- Excellent organizational and management skills: the ability to multi-task, combining strategy and execution. Readiness to step in, to get the job done when needed (hands-on mentality);
- Car drive license
- Strong passion for the running enthusiast and practicing an active lifestyle;
- Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ corporate values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Compete as a Team, Have Integrity, Be Active, Have Fun!
By submitting this application, you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Brooks Sports, Inc. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Brooks Sports, Inc.'s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, Brooks Sports, Inc. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Brooks Sports, Inc. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, Brooks Sports, Inc. has international sites and Brooks Sports, Inc. uses resources located throughout the world. Brooks Sports, Inc. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Brooks Sports, Inc. group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Brooks Sports, Inc. with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.