Run Performance Intern, Run Research
US, Washington, Seattle /
Research and Development /
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
Internship target start: November 2022
Duration of Internship: 6 months
Location: Seattle, WA
Please apply if you can commit to the duration, salary and location for this opportunities.
The Run Research Team Run Performance Intern will gain hands-on experience of product research from the leading running brand Brooks Running Company. The primary responsibilities of the intern will be to assist in biomechanical data collection and processing for the Run Research Team. The protocols will include but not be limited to biomechanical, mechanical, and metabolic testing. The Intern will also gain knowledge on how the lab influences and impacts the design and development of running shoes and apparel.
Your Responsibilities May Include:
- Analyze mechanical and biomechanical data in Matlab and Visual 3D and prepare scientific reports based on findings.
- Assist Biomechanists in the collection and processing of human subject data.
- Perform mechanical testing on plaque materials and shoes.
- Use machine shop to create various prototypes and lab equipment.
- Become familiar with running shoe design features and components.
- Develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Become comfortable with in the use of various instruments to collect mechanical, biomechanical and metabolic data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors with a background in biomechanics, kinesiology, and/or exercise science or an equivalent analytical field and 1+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics of running, biomechanical principles, and running injuries.
- College experience in a biomechanics lab or a lab that involved data collection on human subjects.
- Experience working with 3D Motion Capture equipment.
- Software skills with Matlab and Visual 3D ideal.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks.
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking to improve products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
- Maximum commitment of 6 months.
- Must be available to work at least 30 hours per week.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.