Runner Experience Specialist (Direct to Consumer)
US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Runner Experience Team provides a world class customer service experience to all who run, every day, in a run happy way. As a Runner Experience Specialist, you will respond enthusiastically to emails, calls, social media, chats, text and product reviews. You will be responsible for providing expert product knowledge and supporting all areas of the business where a direct connection to a runner is present, including providing support for our website, marketing and events, and retail partners as well as fulfilling our product guarantee by evaluating product issues and providing solutions for runners. You will gather data on opportunities for improvement in the customer experience to keep us driving forward. You will be the first and last point of contact to resolve customer inquiries and concerns, ensuring conversations end with a surprised and delighted customer, every time.
- Be available to answer calls up to 8 hours a day and respond to other written contact channels (including social media, chat, text) as needed . Ability to work any hours between 6am-5pm PDT, Sunday-Friday, and some holidays.
- Communicate to customers with a passion for service and a sincere desire to help
- Seek positive, timely solutions to all customer’s questions and concerns, using a variety of system resources
- Learn about our products via onsite training and provide expert product advice, acting as a brand ambassador.
- Order administration including placing, tracking & modifying orders, processing returns, and researching delays or errors.
- Evaluate and track root cause of customer contacts to provide data for continuous improvement, reporting recurring issues quickly to appropriate leadership.
- Respond to challenging situations positively, de-escalate frustrated customers
- Evaluate situational needs to determine and execute appropriate solutions
- Manage time effectively and exhibit a strong ability to multi-task
- Access and combine information from multiple systems to provide order details and analyze problems when they occur
- Assist with order fulfillment when automated processes fail
- Recognize potential fraudulent web transactions and escalate when appropriate
- Work with cross-functional teams to assist customers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or 1+ years customer service experience required (Contact Center or Specialty Run experience a bonus!)
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Outlook, Social Media
- Accuracy in typing (60 wpm), spelling and grammar.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear communication.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude, balancing conflicting priorities to execute the most urgent work first
- Ability to learn various business systems and navigate between them to execute job efficiently
- Ability to manage adverse situations positively
- Proven ability to work effectively independently as well as with a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
- Ability to quickly analyze the details of a situation and provide solutions, making recommendations when multiple solutions exists to create the best outcomes.
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary.
- Ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.