Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing
US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
North America Digital Marketing and Ecommerce
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Senior Marketing Manager, Social Media will oversee the rapidly evolving Social Media function at Brooks. You will lead the Social Media team and partner with internal stakeholders to evolve our Social Media programming in the US. Through key insights and learnings you will craft a global strategy in conjunction with our partners. The Social Media team has developed our channel strategy and implemented commerce across platforms, and it is functioning beautifully. Next steps are to further develop our content strategy and community building work, harnessing the passion runners have for our brand and their love of the sport to have conversations with them and deliver fun, inspiring moments to get-to-know Brooks. In addition, you will partner closely with the digital paid media team, helping to drive our full funnel paid social media strategy. You are a perfect complement to the team if you bring creative courage, a passion for social, and an eye on the future of technology and online consumer behavior that will take our programs to the next level.
- Lead global strategy and North America social media execution connecting the dots across platform strategy, content strategy and community management practices.
- Partner with the digital paid media team to build strategies that map to audience segments and deliver a full funnel paid media approach.
- Partner with the digital paid media team to identify and execute paid test and learn opportunities; using data to drive future strategy on creative and ad unit opportunities.
- Lead, coach and develop the social media team.
- Understand the running community and the topics that resonate with runners and key customer demographics e.g. millennials, males, etc.
- Use and understand social analytics and reporting for the channels to make meaningful connections between our community and online behavior – bringing data and insights to support decision making.
- Develop community listening and management strategy that services the business and engages the community holistically – recognizing the intersection of press, online influencers and community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.
- 10 years’ experience in social media for a consumer brand, agency experience required.
- 5+ years of experience managing a team in the Social Media space, ideally having overseen social content strategy, community management and platform strategy.
- Understanding of social paid media strategy and using data to drive decision making.
- Ability to build and lead highly functional teams with a track record in developing talent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated track record of managing projects where expectations and deliverables may be ambiguous
- Proficiency in data analysis; understanding of A/B testing as well as appropriate analytics tools.
- Sound business acumen; ability to think strategically and influence others to adopt new ideas.
- Creative thinker who is constantly looking for new ways to interact with our audience to illustrate how we Run Happy and stay on-trend within social communities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company and our external partners.
- Ability to present with confidence to key stakeholders and executives.
- Demonstration of initiative and innovation – always looking at improving our presence and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary.
- Embrace and live the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.