Retail Sales Analyst
US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Retail Sales Analyst is responsible for translating our retail sales trends into an accurate forecast for the Specialty Retail Accounts business channel. This position is responsible for supporting the creation of volume forecasts for the enterprise operations, through statistical generation & analysis and cross-functional collaboration with Sales, Merchandising and Marketing. You will partner with the Sr Retail Sales Analyst to align your plan with the larger wholesale strategy.
You are a relationship builder across teams and leverage your knowledge to connect the sales and operational strategies in a cohesive manner. You quickly identify potential sales and inventory roadblocks and works with cross-functional partners to find timely solutions. Optimistic and resourceful, you possess an innovative spirit and are constantly looking for ways to make our team more efficient.
- Create volume forecasts for the enterprise operations, through statistical generation & analysis and cross-functional collaboration with Sales, Merchandising and Marketing.
- Leverage key account sales history, color trends, replenishment expectations and the larger company sales and inventory strategy to develop a bottoms-up plan.
- Report on key retail metrics: Forecast Accuracy% (FA%), Bias%, SKU Count, Last 1% SKU% and analyze reporting to identify any shortfall in attaining targets.
- Research and provide analysis on SKU and Customer level projections to achieve forecast accuracy objectives.
- Identify deviations from forecasted results and other disruptions and promptly resolve or make recommendations for any issues.
- Advise on the development of revenue and unit targets for your key account partners as part of the annual revenue budgeting process.
- Implement and partner with key accounts on seasonal assortment planning, forecasting, replenishment ordering, and end of life planning
- Lead regular planning calls with key customers and present business hind sights at Sales meetings to influence product assortments for future seasons.
- Attend sales meetings, conferences, and account visits as required.
- Other projects and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Supply Chain, Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a retail sales analysis/planning related field
- Displays strong initiative with a curiosity for learning
- Innovative mindset and a tendency to challenge the norm
- Proven ability to interpret sales data and make recommendations based on their own analysis
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a resourceful professional style
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Well-developed quantitative skills with an aptitude for report-building, data mining, and interpretation
- Strong computer skills, including proven mastery of Microsoft office suite
- Tableau experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, demonstrating strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Demonstrates a passion for the running enthusiast and for leading an active lifestyle
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.