US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Brooks Brand Creative Team imagines/designs/curates/manifests creative concepts, campaigns, and assets that define and express the Brooks brand to runners across the globe, with a mission to inspire everyone to run and be active. Video, social, print, retail, packaging, web, events—even porta potties—are our canvas. As a Copywriter II and member of a growing and incredibly talented, in-house creative department, you’ll work across all media, on projects that span the gamut. You’ll also work closely with our outside ad agency. Through it all, you’ll write, support and in the process – keep projects on strategy, on time and on budget.
You’ll develop a wide range of copy from brand stories to product blurbs, and tech bullets to campaign headlines. To be a rock star in this role, you’ll be a creative talent who can champion your point of view while graciously building consensus.
Imagine the impact you’ll have as you bring your creative vision, talent for storytelling and runner insight to the voice of the Brooks brand. If you possess an understanding of products and how to romance them, and you have a talent for crafting a compelling narrative with Brooks at the center of the running lifestyle, we want to talk to you.
- Write copy and stories in the voice of the Brooks brand and advocate and champion globally.
- Create the copy content for our foundational brand elements and partner with creative design to fully bring our brand story to life.
- Create storytelling for seasonal product launches, including concepting, creative development, and Seasonal Creative Guides – in partnership with Senior Manager, Copy, Design Managers and other creatives across the organization.
- Build Brooks into the most-loved running brand and find new and better ways to connect with runners.
- Mentor and support other writers, and partner with freelancers to ensure Brand Creative goals are met.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, ensuring that the team delivers exceptional creative on time, and on budget.
- Build and foster relationships with other team-members at Brooks to gain and maintain a current and deep understanding of what drives the brand, business and products.
- And last but not least: take initiative and ownership of assigned projects. Bring passion to creative problem solving and lead by example. Talk shop, ask questions, speak up, have a point of view, think strategically, champion the importance of detail, have fun, wear many hats, roll up your sleeves, and cultivate optimism. Go for a run with your team.
- An online portfolio demonstrating phenomenal creative excellence with major consumer brands is required. Please add your online portfolio link at the top of your resume when applying.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or additional years of relevant experience, graduate portfolio school certificate is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience crafting stories and writing copy that captivates and motivates people to take action.
- Experience working at a Marketing/Creative agency of note, preferred
- Proven excellence at brand development and expression.
- Exceptionally high bar and a conviction that details matter.
- Fast and efficient, with proven project/time management skills; committed to meeting deadlines.
- Skillful at building relationships with genuine hunger for listening to stakeholders to gain understanding.
- Able to navigate all levels of the organization seamlessly and contribute leadership to diverse teams to achieve necessary results.
- Must possess a great attitude, sense of humor, and drive to live the Brooks brand.
- A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle.
Brooks is an equal employment opportunity employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on any protected class. Brooks is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. This commitment applies to all phases of recruitment and employment. Brooks will strive to ensure that its policies and decisions are implemented with the spirit of this commitment to equal employment opportunity in mind.