US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate /
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
The Manager, Credit is responsible for the efficient, smooth and accurate operations of the Credit department. The Manager, Credit leads the development and adherence to policies and processes to maximize the collections while minimizing write-offs and lost sales. In this role, you will be responsible for a team that balances customer service with the requirement to collect amounts due in a timely manner. You will manage the Credit Department and oversee all functions of credit, collections and cash application for Brooks Sports, Inc (US), Brooks Sports, Ltd (Canada) and assist with credit and collections for Brooks’ international operations. You will lead and effectively manage a team of Credit Analysts and Cash Application Specialist to ensure seamless execution of department programs and initiatives.
- Lead, coach and inspire a team of analysts to work towards achieving the goals of the department and organization; act as the gatekeeper and advocate for the team
- Manage (including goal setting, performance review, hiring decisions, training, team culture, etc.) and support the career development of direct reports to ensure job satisfaction, retention and to identify and develop bench strength.
- Exercise judgment to evaluate customer financial condition, creditworthiness and strategic importance and determine whether to release orders over assigned credit limits
- Inform finance and sales management of key customer account issues
- Keep finance and sales management aware of developments, market conditions and significant economic and industry trends relating to credit
- Promote and provide excellent customer service by effectively communicating and cooperating with all internal and external customers
- Collaborate with internal departments to resolve escalated billing disputes that may affect the ability to collect receivables
- Serve as subject‐matter expert to identify account issues and make strategic decisions to resolve any disputes or problems.
- Approve significant write offs and authorize accounts to be sent to collection agencies
- Provide direction and input on accounts that involve legal, collections, and bankruptcy proceedings. Communicate plans to upper management on a monthly basis
- Identify process improvements within the credit and collections department – work with team members to discuss process roadblocks, areas to improve, and ideas to streamline.
- Analyze, recommend and implement controls, policies and procedures for credit and collections processes to ensure timeliness and reliability of work. Manage training and change management for any new processes.
- Manage relationships with significant customer base to ensure customer satisfaction and resolve credit problems that may arise
- Attend National Association of Credit Management meeting for the Sporting Goods industry
- Other projects as required
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum five (5) years credit experience, with 2 years credit management preferred; strong accounting background a plus
- Wholesale experience needed; sporting goods/apparel/footwear experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills for negotiation & reconciliation
- Energetic attitude and ability to work well with other departments
- Vast understanding of credit reporting agencies Experian & NACM
- Must work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and TeamsM3 ERP experience, a plus
- A passion for the running enthusiast and a healthy lifestyle
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.