US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
North America Digital Marketing and Ecommerce
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Editorial Strategist for brooksrunning.com (BR.COM), you will lead the creation and implementation of our editorial content. You will be responsible for understanding our overall site content strategy, developing narratives that tell compelling stories that align with our overall brand positioning, looking for ways to create runner-to-runner moments along the digital journey, and staying up-to-date on trends in how businesses connect with their customers. You will work with Brooks internal creative studio and marketing team to bring the strategy and content to life.
- Shape and execute the vision for our global editorial content strategy by developing narratives that tell compelling stories.
- Offer a content strategy perspective, collaborating with Creative and cross-functional teams globally to develop on-platform editorial content for runners throughout their digital journey.
- Cultivate content standards, shape governance, and champion writing best practices to ensure extraordinary branded and editorial content, while evolving the brand voice and tone in practice.
- Shape and implement the cross-functional processes needed to develop editorial content for BR.COM. Facilitate a monthly meeting with stakeholders to determine planning for 6-12 months out.
- Own the creation of an editorial calendar that aligns with our overall marketing calendar from Tier I campaigns to Tier III stories, including seasonal themes and key events within the running industry.
- Own the creation of the editorial content briefs as well as the cross-functional effort to deliver content live onsite that creates brand awareness and continues to engage and grow our base of runners. This includes participating in design reviews.
- Use your knowledge of SEO and analytics to apply data-based insights to the development of new content and content optimization strategies; communicate these strategies as actionable growth opportunities.
- Partner with the Content Strategy Manager to determine KPI’s and design a KPI scorecard for editorial content on brooksrunning.com. Utilize these KPIs to inform insights for future content.
- Work cross-functionally to understand Brooks' priorities and translate them into actionable initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Digital Media or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in content marketing and/or digital marketing
- 2+ years of content strategy
- Driven, motivated, enthusiastic and energetic, a champion of your platforms
- Strong critical-thinking skills with proven problem-solving expertise to drive growth, engagement, and conversion
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative spirit
- Possesses organizational skills to work in a deadline-driven, detail-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to lead multiple projects, prioritize, and deliver against changing priorities, multiple stakeholders, and deadlines
- Outstanding ability to think creatively to identify and resolve problems
- Able to problem solve and see “big picture”.
- Experience with content management systems and best practices for organizing and tagging content.
- Experience with SEO best practices.
- Experience creating and implementing blog content preferred.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills.
- Extremely proficient in core Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.