Distribution Center (DC) Lead - 2nd Shift, Shipping
US, Indiana, Whitestown /
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
Come join our team as a 2nd shift Lead, where you’ll inspire and motivate our DC Warehouse Associates to meet and exceed department objectives. As a DC Lead at Brooks, you will oversee and coordinate all daily activities within your department (such as: picking, packing, cycle counting, and shipping inventory). As a Brooks DC Lead, you are present on the DC floor; will motivate and inspire the team to provide the world-class customer service that Brooks is known for. You’re an integral part of the DC operations and are actively involved in setting the tone for all employees.
- Lead a team of employees and schedule resources according to expected workload
- Work closely with other DC Leads and DC Supervisors to successfully manage daily workload
- Collaborates with DC Supervisor to identify areas of opportunity within the department (including performance gaps, changes in team morale, process improvement opportunities, etc.)
- Ensure all employees within the department have the tools and resources needed to succeed in their daily job
- Act as a coach to DC Warehouse Associates and play a hands-on roll in their development
- Ensure teams are aware of daily/weekly priorities and that all tasks are completed timely and accurately
- Work with DC Supervisor team to recommend and assist in implementing process improvements
- Keep DC Supervisors informed about discrepancies that could impact FTZ compliance through all inbound and outbound operations
- Ensure employees are following safety procedures while conducting duties
- Engages in and leads training, team building, meetings, and personal development
- Ensure efficient, effective and safe operations at all times
- Special projects as needed
- High School Diploma, required (but Associate’s degree or equivalent experience a plus)
- 3+ years of warehouse experience; 1+ years lead experience in a distribution setting, required
- Experience with WMS systems; Softeon a plus
- Computer proficiency: MS Office Suite, Outlook and internet required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with adverse situations positively.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization, Be a team player.
- Ability to inspire and guide your staff to get the job done by bringing out the best in others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
- Experience working in a fast-paced warehouse
- Forklift experience, required
- Maintain a good attendance record
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time – up to 8 hours/day
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally, and 70 lbs. seldomly, required
- Proficient with bar code scanners
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.