Retail Analytics Undergraduate Internship
US, Washington, Seattle
Sales – Sales Admin /
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
We evaluate applications throughout the recruiting season. Whether or not we are able to offer you an interview, you’ll hear from us shortly after you submit your application to confirm we’ve received it, later on in the season with a status update, and at the end of the season.
Brooks Internship Program:
Brooks Running hosts summer internships at our Seattle HQ offices to provide hands-on, meaningful work experience to further enhance your education and professional aptitude. Our interns gain exposure to real work, and projects while working side by side with Brooks employees and leadership. If chosen for this role, you will join a cohort of interns at Brooks and embark on a summer of learning, professional development, and exposure to the Brooks brand and culture.
Duration: 3 months
Dates: Start dates will align for both quarter and semester students. May/June - August/September 2024
Location: Seattle, HQ
Schedule: 40 hours / week
Our Retail Analytics Team is seeking an intern to work at our Seattle HQ offices. This position will work closely with the Retail Analytics and Sales teams in support of our largest retail partners to ensure that we have the right product at the right time for our customers. We help our key retailers better understand which style and categories are resonating within their Brooks businesses and support Sales leadership to identify inventory needs, seasonality and product trends and pricing shifts across our US channels. Our work impacts revenue planning to build smarter targets and better anticipate the needs of our customers.
Through this opportunity you will help support the business of one of our key retail partners through the creation of a sales tracker dashboard in Tableau. You will gain exposure to the business review process and how we build a story around our seasonal sales results to inform forward-looking sales strategies.
You will research and communicate out the style and color trends within our footwear business for that retailer as well as provide input on how to best manage the business through adjusting future orders to avoid excess inventory in stores or suggesting opportunities for placing new product in store.
Your Impact (Responsibilities):
- Utilize Excel and Tableau to identify category, style, and color level trends in-store and online
- Create visual summaries of the business to monitor sales and inventory KPIs over time and identify risks and opportunities within the line
- Participate in a Monthly Business Review where the Retail Analytics team leads a cross-functional team of Sales, Marketing and Customer Service colleagues through results and aligns on strategies and product needs for the upcoming season
- Gain exposure to the product creation and operational planning processes and learn how our work supports those teams
- As a part of your experience as an intern at Brooks, you will have the opportunity to complete a project under the support and supervision of your manager. Details of your project will be finalized once you arrive at Brooks based on your interests, and the needs of the business. You will present your work and findings to leadership at Brooks at the end of your internship, to hone in on your research, recommendation, and presentation skills.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business or a related field
- Willing to commit to the intern position for three months onsite in Seattle, WA
- Willingness to learn and gain hands-on experience
- Able to commit to up to 40 hours a week to be physically present at HQ
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience building data visualizations and dashboards with Tableau a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Curious with a track record of creative thinking and problem solving
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality work products
- Must be able to collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Embrace Brooks values!
Sign-on bonus to provide financial support before first paycheck
Travel Fee Coverage
60% Employee Discount
Undergraduate Intern: $26/hour
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.