Digital Product Manager
US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Digital Product Manager, you bridge the customer, business, and technical worlds. Informed by a deep understanding of the runner and the needs and concerns of the broader Brooks business units, you will work in the role of Product Owner as a part of an Agile Development team.
In this role, you will focus on customizing out of the box software and integrations of other third-party software into our existing platforms. You will spend 10-15% of your time on Product Discovery within the constraints of our third-party software.
You will own and drive what we have learned in Product Discovery into an ongoing Epic Level product backlog that spans six months and specific user stories that span two months. You will partner and influence with business leads to prioritize and sequence product strategy according to business value.
- Be obsessed with external and internal customers. Validate your ideas with customer feedback and data. Ensure that the customer is infused in everything we do.
- Serve as an Agile Product Owner: manage a prioritized backlog; define user stories with detailed acceptance criteria; participate in daily standup and sprint reviews for Agile Workstreams.
- Inspect and adapt product backlog each sprint and adjust course based on technology, customer, & business needs.
- Engage in the Product Discovery process to determine value and viability for products with more defined options or where precedents for a feature exist.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and communication with business stakeholders.
- Lead relevant meeting with business and technical partners to ensure a thorough understanding of the problem space.
- Assist in the development of product strategy, roadmap, and lead the setting of OKRs across your products in alignment with leadership and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Assess the value of opportunities and partner with business leads in product discovery.
- Utilize data insights, market and customer research, and your product intuition to improve your products continually.
- Build and maintain the business case for products, including market opportunity models, user personas, and top use cases.
- Partner with business leads to prioritize and sequence product strategy according to business value.
- Triage reported bugs to understand their impact and prioritization within the greater portfolio
- 3+ years of product management experience or participation on an Agile or Software Development Team (Developer, QA, Business Analyst).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, design, or related field; or equivalent work or military experience.
- Experience working cross-functionally with Product Management, Design, Engineering, IT, Operations, Program Management, Marketing, Sales and Customer Support
- Previous experience in creating simple solutions and validating ideas by performing experiments and analyzing the results
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence colleagues and executives
- Previous experience with A/B testing
- Design sensibility. A deep understanding of and appreciation for design and user experiences
- Customer obsession. The ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions to avoid making them our users and partner's problems
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Technical experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud or other ecommerce platforms strongly preferred
- Proven ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.