Supply Planner, Apparel
US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Supply Planner will lead the development of tactical and strategic supply plans and manage inventory levels to achieve customer service, supply chain and financial objectives. You will focus on planning accuracy, inventory reduction, profitability, factory utilization, and delivery precision across the seasonal planning horizon. You will partner closely with Logistics, Distribution Centers, international offices, factories, Demand Planning, Customer Service and Sales to ensure the right product is in the right place at the right time in the right quantities to meet customer demand.
- Initiate and lead the development of short and long-term global supply plans to balance the demand forecast with cost, efficiency and capacity constraints.
- Continuously develop and refine global inventory strategies to determine cost-effective use of inventory investment while maximizing inventory turns and meeting service level targets.
- Develop and maintain buy plans and submit and monitor purchase orders.
- Identify and evaluate key supply issues for the company and work with factories, regions, and cross-functional partners to develop alternative solutions that mitigate cost and customer service impacts.
- Establish and maintain supportive relationships with cross-functional teams to ensure effective communication of strategy execution and tactical issues. Serve as a liaison between demand forecast and supply chain partners.
- Understand the calendar process as it relates to our purchasing process, vendor projections, capacity planning and buy readiness. Ensure key dates and tasks are achieved.
- Create and maintain inventory item master and purchase price agreements for assigned styles. Regularly audit ERP system to ensure data integrity.
- Use planning system tools to effectively and efficiently create tactical and strategic inventory and supply solutions.
- Educational experience to include Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or related field
- 3+ years of experience in supply chain management, demand planning, or inventory management required
- Understanding of advanced planning systems, preferably experience using M3 related inventory planning tools
- Strong computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Excel required
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and an analytical, investigative approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner in order to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.