Systems Manager, Product and Marketing Systems
US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As a Systems Manager, Product & Marketing Systems, you will be responsible for Brooks Product Information Management (PIM) system. PIM is a new technology for Brooks so you’ll be part of the team leading the software selection process, system implementation and integration of business processes. You will own relationships with chosen implementation partners and support vendors and be responsible for the ongoing ownership of the PIM system and roadmap. This includes evaluating and providing recommendations for sequencing new PIM features and functions as we deploy this new technology. You will balance your time to include production support, coordinating implementation of enhancements, vendor patches and system upgrades, and integrations with other systems.
Your role will require you to collaborate with Product, Marketing, IT and other relevant teams across Brooks to manage and support PIM. You will leverage IT best practices and partner with the Manager, Business Systems to help build business capabilities and transition ownership of business requirements, data quality, and on-going business / operational activities to the product and marketing teams.
- Own creation, vendor distribution and evaluation of RFPs for PIM selection.
- Own and support Brooks’ Product Information Management (PIM) system.
- Utilizing your knowledge of the user functions supported by PIM and the business contexts in which it is used, make recommendations for system features and functions.
- Actively seek opportunities to evolve PIM or other product / marketing systems to gain business value including partnering on efforts to streamline communications and ways of working across product and marketing teams.
- Ensure PIM context diagrams, security matrices, system/data interface, and data integration documents are developed and maintained for the PIM system.
- Provide Level 1 user support for IT supported Product and Marketing systems. Troubleshoot Level 2 and Level 3 PIM issues using 3rd party support provider as needed to resolve issues and complete Root Cause Analysis while adhering to Brooks standards for tracking, managing and reporting on requested services and issues.
- Manage PIM upgrades, fixes and enhancements while ensuring ITIL-based change control processes are followed for approvals, planning, testing, documentation and implementation.
- Support the business in identification of business changes resulting from PIM updates.
- Gather and document functional specifications for PIM projects. Own capture of functional / system requirements for enhancements and/or implementation of new PIM capabilities.
- Engage as system SME on project initiatives with PIM interdependencies. As appropriate, train other IT team members on PIM.
- Manage PIM-related vendor relationships including validating adherence to contract terms, escalations, enhancement delivery negotiation, negotiate statements of work and Service Level Agreements, and licensing for “owned” applications. Review invoices and track expense to budget.
- Manage PIM invoices and track expense to budget
- Facilitate recurring PIM Super User meetings to discuss enhancements, prioritization and tracking of PIM-related business needs and necessary business process adjustments.
- Partner with the Manager, Business Systems in developing project Initiative Requests and Project Portfolio Managemernt Business Case documentation, including aiding in developing project ROIs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Systems, Information Systems, Computer Science or relevant major.
- 4+ years implementing, administering, managing and/or supporting IT applications in consumer goods industry a plus.
- 2+ years’ experience eliciting and documenting business requirements
- Experience in business process management and general business analyst skillset required.
- Experience with one or more project management methodology.
- Highly developed troubleshooting skills; tenacity and hunger for finding the root cause of a problem.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organizing and executing tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to tailor approach to audience and objective.
- Ability to build and maintain effective cross-functional working relationships.
- Available to provide after-hours support as needed.
- Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ corporate values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Compete as a Team, Have Integrity, Be Active, Have Fun!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.