Senior 3D CAD Designer
US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Brooks Senior 3D CAD Designer, you will be responsible for creating new digital possibilities with the footwear design department; teaching others, as well as maintaining and managing a full digital catalog of our footwear. You are the resource and hub for digital design within Brooks footwear. We will use the resources you create for many things in the future from visualization of color, material, and form to Finite Element Analysis and Biomechanical Virtual Testing. Success in this role requires a balance of creativity and technical prowess. You must be willing to empower others by sharing knowledge, as they will with you.
- Efficiently create and revise surface / solid models to high standard.
- Create new methods for doing our best work; we want to get better every day. Be willing to add to our knowledge.
- Make the complex digestible, the simple beautiful. We want to bring digital tools to our design department to streamline our workflow. Bring ideas on how to use 3D to make our footwear easier to understand.
- Be accountable to timelines and deadlines: those that you create and those you agree to.
- Manage internal/external resources to create a digital CAD library of our products. Each season we would like a top to bottom model of each style.
- Manage software and hardware purchases. Build business justifications and for approved purchases, create and maintain a budget.
- Manage 3D printing with our in-house and contracted printers.
- Teach / Learn
- Our design team wants to use the power of CAD to have another tool to make the best running footwear on the planet. Teach them within a curriculum you create and are accountable to.
- Gain a deeper understanding of performance footwear construction, consumer knowledge, biomechanics, and design philosophy to be a better team member.
- To be considered, please submit a portfolio of your work along with your application materials
- 5+ years of 3D CAD experience (using applications such as Rhino, Moto, KeyShot, etc.), required
- Footwear specific knowledge preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability and interest in teaching.
- Ability to efficiently create and revise surface / solid models.
- Proven ability to manage contractors and internal resources.
- Interest and ability to create unique solutions.
- Ability to use Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization
Brooks is an equal employment opportunity employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on any protected class. Brooks is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. This commitment applies to all phases of recruitment and employment. Brooks will strive to ensure that its policies and decisions are implemented with the spirit of this commitment to equal employment opportunity in mind.