Tech Rep | South West England & Wales
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Brooks Technical Representative will lead and execute the field support strategy in all distribution channels located within their respective territory to increase market share, amplify Brooks’ product leadership, and create recognition, awareness and loyalty for the brand. We are also firm believers in grass roots events and as such have a comprehensive events schedule. You will be responsible for delivering our Run Happy spirit at events in your territory alongside being part of our collective team for our Gold standard events.
- Retail Marketing:
- Communicating our many technical stories across footwear, apparel and accessories in a concise and engaging manner
- Manage the implementation of POS whilst ensuring all POS and branded elements is time relevant, consistent and true to the brand
- Be the eyes and ears of the brand and communicate our brand positioning, competitors and potential competitor’s activity
- Work with our retailers to encourage sell-through
- Identify sell-through opportunities for our retailers
- It is essential to work closely with your respective sales rep to highlight any issues/challenges/successes
- Liaising with the Retail Marketing Coordinator (RMC) to facilitate the POS needs of each SRA
- You will be responsible for maintaining the centrally held event collateral with regular audits of equipment in need of repair or replacement
- Attend races and events that promote Brooks in your territory. These may include races, gym promotions, lectures and talks, exhibitions and other events
- Responsible for all events branding within your territory
- Liaise and work closely with the RMC regarding event logistics, resources and the delivery of the event
- Be aware and understand the commitment we have given to the event
- Ensure Brooks events are run smoothly with thorough in-depth preparation and regular communication with event organizer and RMC
- Responsible for active, continuous communication with the designated retailer of each event
- 1-3 years of experience in the athletic footwear/apparel industry; retail experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company. Works well independently, as well as within a team
- Very strong presentation skills
- Ability to execute a wide variety of tasks and work in a fast paced team environment
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, and excellent written English
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication. Excellent written English is a requirement.
- A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle a plus
- National travel should be expected along with weekend work
- Must show proof of good driving record upon request
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
By submitting this application, you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Brooks Sports, Inc. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Brooks Sports, Inc.'s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, Brooks Sports, Inc. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Brooks Sports, Inc. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, Brooks Sports, Inc. has international sites and Brooks Sports, Inc. uses resources located throughout the world. Brooks Sports, Inc. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Brooks Sports, Inc. group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Brooks Sports, Inc. with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.