Responsible Sourcing Undergraduate Internship
US, Washington, Seattle
Marketing – Corporate Responsibility /
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
We evaluate applications throughout the recruiting season. Whether or not we are able to offer you an interview, you’ll hear from us shortly after you submit your application to confirm we’ve received it, later on in the season with a status update, and at the end of the season.
Brooks Internship Program:
Brooks Running hosts summer internships at our Seattle HQ offices to provide hands-on, meaningful work experience to further enhance your education and professional aptitude. Our interns gain exposure to real work, and projects while working side by side with Brooks employees and leadership. If chosen for this role, you will join a cohort of interns at Brooks and embark on a summer of learning, professional development, and exposure to the Brooks brand and culture.
Duration: 3 months
Dates: Start dates will align for both quarter and semester students. May/June - August/September 2024
Location: Seattle, HQ
Schedule: 40 hours / week
Our Corporate Responsibility Team is seeking a Responsible Sourcing intern to work at our Seattle HQ offices. This position will work closely with the Responsible Sourcing team, which is responsible for ensuring Brooks partners with factories that align with Brooks’ objectives to respect human rights and reduce environmental impact. In addition to working closely with the Responsible Sourcing team, you will also work collaboratively with the Sustainability, Marketing, Legal and Trade Compliance teams to propose a strategy to ensure Brooks’ promotional and marketing vendors align with Brooks Responsible Sourcing objectives.
Your Impact (Responsibilities):
- Research industry best practices
- Engage with industry peers
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to identify current list of promotional/marketing/gift with purchase (GWP) items
- Identify current list of promotional/marketing/GWP vendors and their approach to responsible sourcing and sustainability
- Understand current sustainability characteristics of promotional/marketing/GWP items
- Propose list of criteria and best practices for new vendors
- Propose a strategy to ensure promotional/marketing/GWP vendors are continuously compliant to Brooks’ Responsible Sourcing standards
- Develop SOPs to document proposed new strategy
- Meet with members of Marketing, Sustainability, Trade Compliance and Legal team(s) to understand their roles, areas of responsibility, and current project focuses.
- As a part of your experience as an intern at Brooks, you will have the opportunity to complete a project under the support and supervision of your manager. Details of your project will be finalized once you arrive at Brooks based on your interests, and the needs of the business. You will present your work and findings to leadership at Brooks at the end of your internship, to hone in on your research, recommendation, and presentation skills.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Sustainability, Sociology, International Relations, Business, or a related field
- Strong analytical skills and experience in collecting and evaluating complex data with the ability to translate this into meaningful insight that can be clearly articulated to stakeholders
- Knowledge of footwear and apparel supply chains and international labor best practices
- Passionate about social and environmental sustainability
- Willing to commit to the intern position for three months onsite in Seattle, WA
- Willingness to learn and gain hands-on experience
- Able to commit to up to 40 hours a week to be physically present at HQ
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Any additional systems that may be required to have been exposed to/utilized
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality work products
- Must be able to collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Embrace Brooks values!
Sign-on bonus to provide financial support before first paycheck
Travel Fee Coverage
60% Employee Discount
Undergraduate Intern: $26/hour
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.