Credit & Collections Specialist EMEA
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
We are looking for a credit control and collection professional to perform the invoice collection and customer risk for Brooks in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) region; specifically, the Spain and Benelux regions – a motivated and inspirational professional with the ability to support the business and develop credit control. In this role you will manage credit control and collection as well as liaise with external legal service providers for all entities in the region (The Netherlands, Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain and Distributors). As a member of our high-performing Finance Team, you will report to the Credit Manager EMEA and you will provide analysis to the corporate finance team at our global HQ in Seattle where required.
In this role you will have to be a business pragmatist and results driven partner in support to the financial stakeholders while securing risk and control. Equally important is the ability to work with cross-functional teams both within finance and across the full supply chain.
- Provide daily monitoring of accounts on credit hold, along with those that exceed limits; must be able to make quick decisions that promote growth and reduce exposure to potential defaults.
- Working with- and managing Buying Groups/Associations and member accounts.
- Generate customer loyalty while supporting our financial services through a strong customer focus. Work with customers on available payment alternatives, optimize customers’ payment plans through establishing a fair but equitable payment schedule for slow paying customer, and respond to customer inquiries.
- Responsible for processing new credit applications and approving new accounts. Determine credit worthiness of customers through credit investigation as outlined in the company’s credit policy.
- Execute frequent reconciliation of accounts receivable activities, resolving discrepancies, unmatched cash or disputed balances.
- Send out weekly credit hold reports to Sales Management, Sales Representatives, Customer Service and other teams.
- Follow up on bad debt issues.
- Design, maintain, and develop as appropriate processes and reporting systems used to monitor and manage collection.
- Implement process improvements to increase efficiencies based on changed business circumstances.
- Closely align with Accounting & Control to ensure accuracy and timeliness of cut off, receivable valuation and related accounts receivable scheduled reports.
- Assist the Credit Manager EMEA in controlling DSO (Days Sales Outstanding).
- Fluency in business English, other European language skills are a plus (Spanish, French and/or Italian).
- 1 + years of experience in international (EMEA) credit control and collection within a mid-sized organization (sporting goods/apparel/footwear experience is a plus).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Controlling or related field.
- Solid understanding of financial accounting to perform credit risk analysis.
- Excellent customer service skills, capable of resourceful problem solving, while remaining customer-focused.
- Ability to use good judgment in making credit decisions.
- Affinity with ERP systems (preferably Infor M3) and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- A strong individual contributor with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, but also the ability to work and collaborate as part of a team, and work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the bigger picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Strong interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking to improving our processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into details and help out wherever necessary.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots”.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
- Motivated, focused, and goal oriented.
- Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ corporate values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Compete as a Team, Have Integrity, Be Active, Have Fun!
By submitting this application, you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Brooks Sports, Inc. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Brooks Sports, Inc.'s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, Brooks Sports, Inc. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Brooks Sports, Inc. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, Brooks Sports, Inc. has international sites and Brooks Sports, Inc. uses resources located throughout the world. Brooks Sports, Inc. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Brooks Sports, Inc. group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Brooks Sports, Inc. with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.