Product Fit & Wear Test Analyst
US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Research and Development
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The mission of the Product Assessment Team is to contribute to the creation of the best running gear on the market by providing runner-driven product performance data and insight during the development cycle before the rubber hits the road. The team supports footwear, sports bras, and apparel categories for the Brooks Sports brand.
The primary function of the Product Wear Test Analyst is to work directly with the product creation team as well as our global database of wear testers to contribute key perceptual information in regards to product fit, performance and design. You will ensure the product is tested to Brooks’ performance standards. This role is responsible for the execution of internal and external testing initiatives, analysis of the results, and strategic presentations of results to key stakeholders. The Product Wear Test Analyst will provide valuable runner-driven insights and recommendations throughout the product development process. This role will act as an information liaison between our multi-departmental infrastructure including Development, Design, and Merchandising to ensure the performance integrity of our product meets the needs of our end consumers. Strong attention to detail, presentation skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects is vital to the success of this position.
- Conduct daily testing initiative requirements for Brooks Sports running product.
- Complete execution for each testing initiative from participant recruitment through to data analysis and results share outs across teams.
- Reviewing products upon receipt, performing the necessary physical assessments to ensuring the products are hitting their specific construction requirements.
- Ensuring proper quantities and quality of all test products prior to distribution to test participants.
- Recruiting relevant, reliable runners for each test. Work with product teams to understand product functionality to assure the correct wear tester is assigned to the correct test product.
- Distributing testing products across the United States in a timely fashion to ensure data is collected within the appropriate time frame.
- Prepare engaging reports detailing results for presentation to broader audiences across the business including Product Development, Design, and Product Line Management. Effectively translate analysis of product test data into articulate, persuasive, and actionable conclusions and recommendations for positive business impact.
- Perform quality assurance inspections to ensure the manufacturer meets spec requirements.
- Provide footwear leadership team with quality assurance and wear test data used to make crucial decisions regarding the manufacturing, development, and distribution of inline footwear.
- Update wear tester information and product information in the Wear Testing database.
- Maintain wear test social media sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a background in biomechanics, kinesiology, engineering and/or exercise science or an equivalent analytical field preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in product creation or running retail.
- Ideal candidate has experience working in the technical running community, properly fitting runners for the correct footwear and apparel, evaluating how products fit and perform as well as general knowledge of the technical running marketplace.
- Able to conduct research including collecting, recording, and analyzing perception data in an unbiased, objective manner.
- Ability to work professionally and efficiently with all departments that make up Brooks Sports, Inc., including sales, marketing, production, and operations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are a must.
- Possess strong written/verbal communication skills and positive attitude.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills.
- Working experience with Tableau ideal.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.