Business Development Representative [Chicago]
Business Development /
Bucket Listers in the go-to destination for inspiring experiences. Our loyal community of explorers turns to us for inspiration, local exploration and to book unique experiences.
We've set out to do great things and we're looking for passionate team members to join us on our mission. We're explorers ourselves who are passionate about spreading positivity and providing inspiration for people to experience more out of life together.
We are looking for a highly motivated team player to join our growing Business Development team. Your role is responsible for developing and nurturing unique opportunities to add to our marketplace of Bucket List events and experiences on Bucketlisters.com. Festivals? Immersive art exhibits? Helicopter rides? Oh yea - we're in!
Our ideal candidate has previous experience in the sales and/or business development space, is an excellent relationship builder, and is a Chi-town city lover - knowing the best things to do in Chicago!
Within your first 3 months you will:
- Learn the ins and outs of our business - learn the difference between marketplace partners and flat fee partnerships.
- Research and learn about partners and companies that align with our brand, values, and audience of explorers.
- Start to build your pipeline of potential brand partners to pursue.
- Build relationships with your internal partners across the Content and Operations teams.
- Learn our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
Within your first 6 months you will:
- Maintain a pipeline of potential partners for Bucket Listers' digital media platforms.
- Write and deliver partner communications, from routine weekly updates to critical information about company and partnership developments.
- Analyze sales, metrics and, key performance indicators to reach partners and company annual sales targets.
- Become proficient in our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
Within your first year you will:
- Achieve the monthly revenue and contract targets as assigned by manager.
- Produce new leads that will maximize revenue for assigned markets or categories.
- Build relationships with existing partners through upselling, renewals, and thinking out of the box for other opportunities to partner together.
Experience and Skills that will set you up for success:
- Proven experience in Business Development or Sales - ideally in the live events, experiences and ticketing.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Self-driven, motivated, and results-oriented.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Excellent collaborator that thrives in a distributed team setting.
- You know Chi-town like the back of your hand, have a love for the Chicago events scene, and know the best things to do in the city! (music festivals, best drinks in Bucktown, local iconic concert venues, ect!)
- A true passion for exploration and the Bucket Listers mission! 🚀
If you've made it this far and you’re interested in this role but you don’t check all the boxes - we’d still love to hear from you. We’re in the business of fun and we are excited to collaborate with people that will add value to our mission and culture.
Bucket Listers is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team.