Senior Rails Engineer, Dashboard
San Francisco, CA
We're looking for a Senior Rails Engineer to join our small, talented team. Our dashboard is used daily by many of the industry’s leading engineering teams, helping engineers around the world deliver higher quality software to their users. Our team is growing, and we're taking on bold challenges every day! We'd love to see what we can do next with your help.
- You will help build the core Bugsnag dashboard, helping us make developers all over the world more efficient at what they do.
- You will collaborate with product designers and other software engineers to deliver elegant, performant user-facing APIs to power the next generation of the Bugsnag dashboard.
- You will use leading edge monitoring tools, including Bugsnag, to keep the dashboard performant and bug-free.
- You will thoughtfully and constructively review work from others on the team.
- You have 3+ years of backend engineering experience, using Ruby on Rails or a similar MVC framework
- You have the ability to take ownership of all stages of a project from architecture/design through implementation to delivery
- You have experience with multiple datastores(we use MongoDB, Redis, and Elasticsearch)
- You have experience designing, building, and using RESTful APIs
- You are willing to go the extra mile to make other developers more efficient
- You have strong communication skills
Bonus Points For
- Experience with billing platforms and services
- Experience with Docker
- We value ownership, personal development, and transparency. We believe in empowering our employees to take ownership of their work, while being 100% transparent through instantaneous feedback.
- The latest tech! We believe in finding the best technology to power our business
- We're located in Downtown San Francisco (four short blocks from BART and MUNI at Powell Street)
- Competitive salary/benefits - lunch on us every day, 401k matching, commuter stipend, annual conference attendance, and your choice of Apple hardware.
At Bugsnag we truly believe that employing individuals with various experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a finer environment for our employees, our products, and our community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.