Construction Project Manager - Raleigh
Raleigh, NC /
Home Building /
We’re on a mission to revive and modernize the American Dream by bringing the homebuilding process online. We couldn't be more excited to work at the intersection of software and the real world, because this is where our society's best progress will come from in the next 10 years.
We're a growing team of thirty. We come from companies like Opendoor, CBRE, Facebook, Cruise, Square, etc. We're backed by top investors, including Khosla Ventures, YCombinator, JLL Spark, Sam Altman, Kevin Hartz and many more.
We're not taking a traditional approach, and we're not looking for traditional thinkers. Working at Atmos on the early team puts you at the cornerstone of simplifying the custom home building process and making it accessible to all. We are looking for talented individuals who not only challenge the norm, but challenge us as a team.
We are seeking a talented Project Manager to guide homebuyer through the end-to-end construction process, ensuring that their home is done exceptionally well, on time, and on budget. You will serve as the primary post-sale partner for the homebuyer and define the quality of their experience in trusting Atmos to build their dream home.
- Be responsible for leading homebuyers through the historically difficult homebuilding experience, including evaluating lots, ordering plans, surveys, and soil tests as part of due diligence, assisting homeowners with financing and closing, among other tasks
- Work closely with homebuyers to customize the right home plan for their lot and complete plan reviews, and relay updates and plan changes to architects and builders
- Manage the construction schedule and ensure that the builders and other partners are delivering the highest quality work on time and within budget
- Liaise between the homebuyer and building partner, addressing questions and concerns while maintaining positive partnerships with all involved stakeholders
- Educate buyers to help them understand how a home is built, including providing weekly updates via CoConstruct to the homeowner and meet homeowners on-site for scheduled walk throughs
- 2+ years of construction management experience
- Strong knowledge of construction principles (framing, plumbing, electrical, etc.)
- Experience reading blueprints and can assist in the evaluation of construction bids and provide recommendations
- Experience using CoConstruct, BuilderTrend, ProCore, or other project management software
- Excited to learn, grow and get in on the ground floor of a company that is changing how homes are designed and built
- Able to read, understand, and interpret construction documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and project schedules, with the knowledge of all phases of new home construction
- Knowledgeable on new home construction process, scheduling, and cost control procedures
- A clear communicator with excellent organizational skills and a strong customer service orientation
- Able to understand the need to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances while still being able to resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
- Receptive to feedback, with the willingness to learn and embrace continuous improvement
- Competitive compensation, including commission based on sales performance
- Generous equity options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Uncapped PTO and sick leave, including paid parental leave
- $2000 work from home stipend
This position is based in Raleigh, North Carolina, and will require you to work in-person in the Raleigh area.
Atmos is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively encourage applicants from historically underrepresented backgrounds to apply.