Software Engineer - Integrations
Are you passionate about creating experiences that people love and being a pioneer for change? If yes, we’d like to talk to you - Bunker is reinventing the $100B small business insurance industry by embedding insurance into contracts.
Backed by over $10M in capital from leading VCs and Fortune 1000 insurance companies, we’re in growth-mode and expanding our team.
Position for Hire
Our technology team is growing, and we are hiring a Software Engineer to help expand our integrations with insurance carriers. We’re building flexible and scalable solutions that enable us to test the market and adjust to our customer’s needs.
About the team
We use Kanban and Agile principles to rapidly deploy new features every day - we released over 300 times last year! Our team has embraced automation (CI/CD) which enables us to spend our time writing software. We work hard to keep our processes slim which allows us to make quick adjustments to our continually shifting priorities. If you’re looking for a fast-paced environment with a modern tech-stack, you’ve come to the right place.
- Angular 7 - Single Page Application
- .NET Core 2.2 - Services
- Node.js - Services
- API first microservices architectureHosted by Amazon Web Services
- Supporting tech: Docker, Mixpanel, Sendgrid, Sentry, Salesforce, and Zendesk
- Collaborate with the engineering team and across all functional areas to build great technical solutions
- Develop integrations with Bunker’s business partners - this may include working closely with engineering departments outside of Bunker
- Write testable code… and test it!
- Review code via pull requests
- Gather domain knowledge to understand how to support our customer’s needs
- Own your work, care about what you do, and see your solution all the way to production
- 2+ years of software development experience
- API integration experience
- Solid understanding of the HTTP lifecycle
- Self-motivated with an appetite for owning your work
- Passion for writing high quality software
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate - actively listen and collectively find solutions
- Experience working with Agile principles (preferred)
Why join Bunker?
Culture: We thrive on fearless change, transparency, authentic collaboration, coffee, sarcasm and laughter. Oh, and we’re a tech start-up, which means we don’t have a dress code, we're constantly testing new ways to solve problems, and we routinely make fun of ourselves.
Team: We encourage our team to be their authentic selves, to be peers and mentors who understand each other’s value, and to be challenged to exceed expectations in all that you do. Our collective work is about challenging ourselves and growing with the people around us.
Benefits: We are proud to offer a competitive benefits package, which is really just the tip of the benefits-iceberg for eligible employees. This package includes health, dental, vision, short and long term disability, and life insurance that is covered 100% by the company for the employee. In addition Bunker offers a 401k option, stock options, commuter benefits, FSA and dependent care. Beyond the standard benefits are unlimited PTO, a generous parental leave policy, community lunches, and a flexible work schedule.