Assistant Project Manager
Silicon Valley /
Build Group /
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting the Project Manager in the completion of high-quality projects on time, within budget, and within scope. This role will assist in overseeing all aspects of a project from start to finish by coordinating efforts involving the internal team, subcontractors, vendors, and owners/developers. The ideal candidate will have outstanding interpersonal skills, adjust to changing priorities from various directives, and communicate effectively.
- Know and comply with all federal, state, and local building codes, ordinances, and regulations, maintaining the highest standards for safety, and quality.
- Manage relationships with all internal and external parties in order to determine the specifications of the project, resolve conflict, and support success.
- Establish a project schedule and delegate project tasks based on staff strengths, skills, and experience.
- Secure and allocate all resources needed for the completion of the project including building permits, licenses, materials, and equipment.
- Negotiate, manage, and communicate changes to contract scope, schedule, and costs.
- Plan and execute inspections, assess compliance and quality, and minimize risk.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Cost management including budgeting, cost estimating, contract buy out, scope evaluations, and change orders
- Regularly confer with supervisors to monitor and report on compliance, quality, and productivity.
- Be a strong team leader, build synergy within and across the team, and develop individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree or related field, preferably in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or a Construction Management Certificate from an accredited university.
- Applicable internships or field experience preferred
- Knowledge of business and management principles including budgeting and resource allocation.
- Read, understand, and interpret construction plans, schematics, blueprints, drawings, and technical manuals to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Knowledge of architectural, construction, and design techniques, including self-performed work.
- Solid computer skills, with a working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Project, Excel, and Word.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of construction software including ProCore and Timberline.
- OSHA-30 certification.
- A valid driver’s license
$10,000 - $110,000 a year
This position description is a summary and not a complete representation of the position; the essential functions of the position may change as duties are assigned.
Build Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. Build Group complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding the consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Build Group of Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Build Group of Companies employee. Build Group of Companies will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Build Group Build Group of Companies.