BuildZoom is a data company at heart. We ingest vast volumes of construction data to track the work activities of every single license contractor in the United States. On top of this unique data set we deploy algorithms to identify ideal contractors for new projects. As a data engineer, you will work alongside our two founders and VP of Engineering to develop our data pipeline and accelerate BuildZoom's rapid growth.
Our technologies include Python, Ruby on Rails, Redis, MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, Elasticsearch, AWS.
What you will do:
- Use your creativity to find and extract every piece of real-estate and construction data available on the web
- Work closely with your colleagues in Manila and San Francisco.
- Deliver the data-content needed to power BuildZoom's millions of users (https://www.buildzoom.com/san-francisco-ca)
- Comfort with Python and SQL.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (IT).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive salary + referral bonuses with opportunities for promotion and salary increases.
- Fun working environment in a beautiful and modern office.
- You will be provided with your own laptop - to keep after 2 years!
- A yearly, company sponsored, all-expense paid vacation. Recently we've gone to Palawan and Panglao Bohol.
- Free office snacks and meals.
- Fast-track regularization - as early as 3 months!
- HMO for employee + 2 dependents for free!
Submit links to your cool Github Projects to boost your application.
Due to the high volume of exceptional candidates we receive, we regrettably are not able to personally respond to everyone.
If you don’t hear back from us at any point, please know that your application was thoroughly reviewed at each stage of the interview process, and was subsequently kept on file for future opportunities that may become available.
Furthermore, feel free to check back frequently and reapply. Reach Emily@buildzoom.com with any questions!