Software Engineer, Data
Quezon City, Metro Manila
BuildZoom graduated from the prestigious Y Combinator accelerator in 2013 and is seeking to transform the $1.3 trillion dollar old-school construction industry using data, natural language processing, and machine learning.
We're looking for an ambitious software developer who is ready for a bigger role. Join BuildZoom to teach and learn from world-class programmers, expand your technical skills and take on leadership responsibilities.
We’re a data company at heart, ingesting vast volumes of construction and real estate data to gain deep insight into the construction marketplace. Our bleeding edge data ingestion framework has helped us accumulate one of the most complete and timely data sets in the industry and we're making big investments to make it even better.
We work hard towards our customer-oriented mission and even harder to nurture our amazing team. We maintain a fun and supportive environment focused on learning, teaching, collaborating, and building impactful technology.
Technologies: python, scrapy, postgress, redshift, amazon web services, prometheus, grafana
What you will do:
- Build sophisticated web crawlers to extract vast volumes of real-estate and construction data.
- Use your creativity to overcome challenges related to crawling modern web sites at scale.
- Design operational monitoring, alerting, and visualizations capabilities.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in Manila and San Francisco.
- Deliver the data-content needed to power BuildZoom's millions of users (e.g., https://www.buildzoom.com/san-francisco-ca/general)
- Comfort with Python and SQL.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (IT).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Energy, enthusiasm, ambition to grow, and a drive to succeed
- Competitive salary (35k-100k depending on experience)
- Opportunities for promotion and salary increases.
- Fun working environment in a beautiful and modern office.
- You will be provided with your own laptop - to keep after 2 years!
- A yearly, company sponsored, all-expense paid vacation. Recently we've gone to Palawan and Panglao Bohol.
- Free office snacks and meals.
- Fast-track regularization - as early as 3 months!
- HMO for employee + 2 dependents for free!
- Remodeled office space in Bagumbayan, Quezon City (adjacent to Eastwood City)
Due to the high volume of exceptional candidates we receive, we regrettably are not able to personally respond to everyone.
If you don’t hear back from us at any point, please know that your application was thoroughly reviewed at each stage of the interview process, and was subsequently kept on file for future opportunities that may become available.
Furthermore, feel free to check back frequently and reapply. Reach email@example.com with any questions!