Full Stack Engineer (Staff / Principal)
San Francisco, CA /
BuildZoom is a managed marketplace that is modernizing the $1.2 trillion remodeling and construction industry. We guide clients with medium-to-large residential and light commercial projects through the construction process and help them turn vision into physical reality. Our platform ensures accountability and transparency throughout the process, enabling us to deliver great outcomes in a historically challenging industry. Last year, we managed over $150M in construction projects and are on track to double this year.
We're looking for an experienced software engineer that is ready for a bigger role. Join BuildZoom to be a hands-on contributor, lead by example, establish the architectural vision, and inspire your colleagues to strive for self-improvement. Work closely with our founders and CTO to drive strategy and execution of key initiatives.
We’re a data company at heart, ingesting vast volumes of construction and real estate data to gain deep insight into the construction marketplace. Our bleeding-edge data ingestion framework has helped us accumulate the most complete and timely data sets in the industry. On top of that wealth of data, we've built analytics capabilities and a recommendations engine that (we hope) will redefine the industry. Data and analytics alone won't cut it though; we need help building sophisticated UX that harnesses the power of our unique assets via data visualizations and workflow tools. Come help us!
This position can be located remotely within the US.
- 6+ years of hands-on software engineering experience in a professional team-based environment.
- Interest in wearing multiple hats to influence product strategy and UX design, implement sophisticated web-based tools and provide technical mentorship.
- Experience with some of our technologies: ReactJS, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and emotional intelligence.
- Drive. A passionate desire to improve the construction and remodeling industry.
- Self Improvement. A dedication to personal growth, achievement, and self-actualization.
- Collaboration. Our team is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- Quantitative. Our business decisions are made with data.
- Scrappy and Tenacious. Win in the face of seemingly insurmountable obstacles.