Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
BuildZoom is a managed marketplace that is modernizing the $1.2 trillion remodeling and construction industry. We guide clients with medium-to-large residential and light commercial projects through the construction process and help them turn vision into physical reality. Our platform ensures accountability and transparency throughout the process, enabling us to deliver great outcomes in a historically challenging industry. Last year, we managed over $150M in construction projects and are on track to double this year.
We’re a data company at heart, ingesting vast volumes of construction and real estate data to gain deep insight into the construction marketplace. Our bleeding-edge data ingestion framework has helped us accumulate the most complete and timely data sets in the industry. On top of that wealth of data, we've built analytics capabilities and a recommendations engine that will redefine the industry. We've also built complex UX workflows to support power users that include project owners, contractors, and construction engineers.
Because we're a small engineering team and business is growing quickly you will be asked to wear many hats and contribute in areas that align with you strengths and interests. Depending on your interests, you will contribute to front and back-end web, mobile, data processing, infrastructure, growth, and product management.
Join us if you want to be a part of building a company that will change the construction industry and are energized by wearing multiple hats!
- 3+ years of hands-on software engineering experience in a professional team-based environment.
- Interest in wearing multiple hats to influence product strategy and UX design, implement sophisticated web-based tools.
- Experience with some of our technologies: ReactJS, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails, Python, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and emotional intelligence.
- Drive. A passionate desire to improve the construction and remodeling industry.
- Self Improvement. A dedication to personal growth, achievement, and self-actualization.
- Collaboration. Our team is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- Quantitative. Our business decisions are made with data.
- Scrappy and Tenacious. Win in the face of seemingly insurmountable obstacles.