Product Manager - Trust & Safety
San Francisco, CA
BuildZoom is modernizing the $1.2 trillion remodeling and construction industry through a data-driven marketplace built on a foundation of objectivity and transparency. Since emerging from Y Combinator in 2013, we've rapidly grown and currently, help over 1.2 million people each month, make critical decisions about their homes.
Before BuildZoom, the remodeling industry had the lowest rate of consumer satisfaction in the market. We’ve fundamentally improved the experience for millions of consumers by providing them with the data they need to make informed decisions, and an interface that provides them with a clear and simple path to achieve a successful outcome.
We’re looking for a uniquely talented product leader to drive our risk management platform forward, helping ensure continued trust in the marketplace- a key ingredient that is integral to our continued growth.
In this role you’ll:
- Develop a deep understanding of BuildZoom’s mission and strategies.
- Take ownership of the existing systems and processes that drive our risk management platform as well as the KPI’s used to evaluate our success in this area.
- Collect and analyze the data and user feedback needed to inform the platform’s direction.
- Look for opportunities to enhance trust in the marketplace by introducing new processes, systems or product improvements, in collaboration with data science, product and business operations.
- Collaborate with our data team to design and develop models that leverage our existing data in new and innovative ways to promote trust & safety while looking for opportunities to add new, incremental data resources.
- Manage a marketplace curation team.
- Quantitative acuity - the ability to make sense of complex data sets and translate insight into action.
- Strong technical aptitude - Training & experience in information systems and/or computer science.
- Contagious energy - the intrinsic ability to inspire those around you in pursuit of success.
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- Scrappiness - You don't hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
- Stellar design instincts and product taste.
- The opportunity to build and earn ownership of a key part of our business while working directly with the company’s leadership and in doing so, learn what it means to be an entrepreneur.
- You’ll work on a rocketship start-up with the potential to influence an enormous market and positively impact millions of people.
- You’ll collaborate with dynamic and passionate peers across the company, who will challenge and stimulate you every day.
- Competitive equity, salary and benefits.
- Fun startup working environment in a beautiful office with limitless office snacks, drinks, catered lunches and quarterly trips.
The application process:
- Send us your resume or LinkedIn profile with a concise, personalized e-mail that explains why you’d be the right person for the opportunity.
- We’ll conduct an initial phone screen with potential candidates, followed by a brief diagnostic.
- The final step will involve an in-person interview with our Head of Product and several other managers from engineering, product and business operations. Be prepared to speak in detail about your specific accomplishments by contextualizing your formative rationale for pursuing them, explaining your execution methodology and quantifying your impact.
- Our due diligence process will involve a reference and background check.