San Francisco, CA
BuildZoom is a better way to remodel. We are on a mission to make the places people live and work better. This year, our users will use BuildZoom to complete more than $2 billion/year worth of construction projects. We are hiring a VP, Sales to help us monetize those projects more effectively.
The VP, Sales will play a critical role in building a sales team, then defining and driving execution, and strategy across all customer-facing functions, oriented towards building and maintaining lifelong relationships with our users. Working with the company’s founders and SVP of operations, you’ll play an integral role in crafting our sales approach that will be ultimately focused on closing deals that result in happy customers on both sides of the market.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build a world class sales team to engage property owners, acquire contractors, and turn leads on BuildZoom into monetized, real world construction projects.
- Collaborate with the analytics team to develop and maintain KPIs, dashboards and reporting to improve continuous improvement within the sales organization.
- Ensure that all sales activities(messaging, calls, pipeline development, account reviews, closing) are efficient, effective and scalable.
- Rigorously work to perfect sales messaging by iterating on scripts and developing processes to continually improve message execution.
- Work with our product and engineering team to ensure we build software that enables and fuels sales success
- Support annual business planning process, including development of go-to-market business plan, territory and quota planning, and operational plan for sales teams.
- Create a culture of success, team unity and ongoing goal achievement.
- Ensure that recruitment and hiring plans are forward-thinking and strategic, and serve to further the capabilities, diversity and impact of the customer success team.
- Ensure that business conducted within the sales organization is of the highest ethical and professional standards.
About the ideal candidate:
- Previous experience building and scaling a sales or organization, building structures and systems to operationalize and create efficiencies.
- Prior track record of successfully engaging and motivating highly productive sales teams.
- Strong command of business process; adept at viewing things holistically as well as digging into the details.
- You are driven by an underlying passion for helping clients succeed.
- You are both a thinker and a doer. When presented with a new challenge, you think critically about the problem but don’t hesitate to dive in and solve the problem yourself when you can.
- Consummate professionalism and impeccable organizational skills that will allow you to manage a large book of business without compromising on quality.
- Relentless drive to develop the perfect messaging approach; high EQ who is a believer in active listening and strives for clarity in communications.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to pick-up and leverage new technologies.
- A quantitative approach to measuring past success and informing future strategy.
Our commitment to you:
- The opportunity to take ownership of a key area of our business by achieving results that exceed our expectations.
- A competitive, guaranteed base salary, a high-ceiling incentive structure and premium benefits.
- Training and access to an incredible array of technologies and data that will empower you to build and manage a team to great heights.
- You’ll work on a rocketship start-up with the potential to influence an enormous market and positively impact millions of people.
- You’ll collaborate with dynamic and passionate peers who will challenge and stimulate you every day.
- Send us your resume or LinkedIn profile with a concise, personalized e-mail that explains why you’d be the right person for the opportunity.
- We’ll conduct an initial phone screen with potential candidates, followed by a brief diagnostic.
- The final step will involve an in-person interview with three departmental managers. Be prepared to speak in detail about your specific accomplishments, how you think about building and scaling teams and to participate in live exercises that will gauge your qualification for this role.
- Our due diligence process will involve a reference and background check.