Head of Growth
San Francisco, CA
In 2016, BuildZoom enabled over $1 billion dollars in remodeling and construction projects and are on pace to organically double this figure in 2017. However, we’re still only scratching the surface of a domestic market that exceeds $1 trillion dollars.
We’re looking for a uniquely talented individual to take the reigns of our growth platform and work to increase our velocity on the demand-side while maintaining balance on the supply-side.
This is an opportunity to build a start-up within a high-growth company that is traversing an inflection point and consequently, will be an entrepreneur at heart. They will report directly into the CEO and become a key pillar within BuildZoom.
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate with the founders to define a comprehensive growth plan and independently drive its execution
- Synthesize current growth initiatives (SEM, direct mail, e-mail) into a unified platform and carefully steward them in pursuit of excellent unit economics
- Design, implement and iterate on new programs across incremental channels (broadcast, events)
- Earn P&L responsibility and increased team capacity by first validating your ability to execute and hit home runs
The ideal candidate will have:
- Quantitative acuity- the ability to make sense of complex data sets and translate insight into action
- Intuition and/or training in user centered design — the inclination and ability to develop an intimate understanding of our users and communicate with them in an elegantly simple manner while hitting the right chords
- Contagious energy- the intrinsic ability to inspire those around you in pursuit of success
- The ability to harness their creativity in pursuit of discrete goals
- Expertise in several growth channels on Day 1 — you don’t need to be an expert at all things on Day 1 but should have some superpowers that don’t currently exist on the team and the ability to rapidly expand your growth toolset
- The opportunity to build and earn ownership of a key part of our business while working directly with our CEO and in doing so, learn what it means to be an entrepreneur
- You’ll work on a rocketship start-up with the potential to influence an enormous market and positively impact millions of people
- You’ll collaborate with dynamic and passionate peers who will challenge and stimulate you every day
- Competitive equity, salary and benefits
- Send us your resume or LinkedIn profile with a concise, personalized e-mail that explains why you’d be the right person for the opportunity.
- We’ll conduct an initial phone screen with potential candidates, followed by a brief diagnostic.
- The final step will involve an in-person interview with three departmental managers and the CEO. Be prepared to speak in detail about your specific accomplishments by contextualizing your formative rationale for pursuing them, explaining your execution methodology and quantifying your impact.
- Our due diligence process will involve a reference and background check.