Software Engineering Intern (Winter '19)
San Francisco, CA
BuildZoom is fixing the trillion-dollar construction industry by providing people with the information they need to make great decisions and tools needed to simplify and de-risk the process from start-to-finish. As a software engineering intern with BuildZoom, you'll play an incredibly important role by building technology across the full stack to transform an offline process fraught with confusion and complexity into one that is transparent and simple.
Our technologies include: Ruby, Rails, Python, AngularJS (ES6), MySQL, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redshift, AWS, Linux. You should be familiar with some of these, including relational database concepts and APIs.
- Work on data engineering or web development projects, depending on your interest
- Build elegant solutions to the workflow challenges associated with home-remodeling projects
- Brainstorm and implement creative ways to visualize hundreds of millions of complex data points
- Overcome the challenges associated competing priorities: beautiful aesthetic, UX, page performance and SEO
- Deploy new features daily and iterate on improvements
- Receive constructive code reviews
Awesome things about this position:
- As an intern in a team of 12 engineers, you get to wear many hats. In addition to application development, we could use help with everything ranging from dev-ops to machine-learning to map-making.
- As a core member of a small team, we expect you to understand the business and participate in strategy discussions with the product management team.
- Your features get used by millions of people. The feedback loop is short. You can tell, quantitatively, if your favorite feature is well received.