Director of Data Engineering
San Francisco, CA
BuildZoom is seeking to transform the $1.3 trillion dollar old-school construction industry using data, neuro-linguistic programming and machine learning.
We are looking to bring on a senior engineering leader to help us drive strategy and execution of key initiatives in 2018.
We’re a data company at heart, ingesting vast volumes of construction and real estate data to gain deep insight and optimize the entire marketplace. Our sophisticated ingestion framework has helped us accumulate one of the most complete and timely data sets in the industry.
Our technologies include Python, Ruby on Rails, Redis, Aurora, MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, Elasticsearch, AWS. We're looking to introduce Kafka or Kinesis, Alooma or Fivetran, and Snowflake or (more) Redshift.
Our compensation philosophy commensurates with skill and experience and includes generous equity grants.
If you're serious about doing your life's work, come join us!
- Degree from a top College or University
- 3+ years of hands on software engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience mentoring and managing a team of engineers
- Energy, optimism, and scrappiness
- Passionate about being part of a high performing team
- Interest in solving tangible, real world problems in an industry ripe for disruption