Lead Data Engineer
San Francisco, CA
BuildZoom (YC '13) is seeking to transform the $1.3 trillion dollar old-school construction industry using data, neuro-linguistic programming and machine learning.
We are looking to bring on a senior engineering leader to work closely with our founders to help us drive strategy and execution of key initiatives in 2018 and beyond.
We’re a data company at heart, ingesting vast volumes of construction and real estate data to gain deep insight and optimize the entire marketplace. Our sophisticated ingestion framework has helped us accumulate one of the most complete and timely data sets in the industry.
We work hard towards our mission, but the best thing about BuildZoom is our team. We maintain a fun and supportive environment focused on learning, teaching, and building cool things.
- Degree from a top College or University
- At least 3 years of hands on software engineering experience with our tech stack in a professional environment
- Have at least 1 year of experience mentoring and/or managing a team of highly talented engineers
- Our thorough interview process will include technical screening and code simulations
- Our technologies include Python, Ruby on Rails, Redis, Aurora, MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, Elasticsearch, AWS. We're looking to introduce Kafka or Kinesis, Alooma or Fivetran, and Snowflake or (more) Redshift
- Excitement about our industry, our company mission, and our team
- A profound sense of optimism
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm
- A dedication to personal growth, teamwork and achievement
- The opportunity to spend everyday with a team of individuals who are truly world-class
- Ability to shape the future of, and benefit from, a rocket ship startup
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Medical and dental insurance
- Free lunch and snacks all day long
- Poker nights, Karaoke, ski trips and weekend brunches