Full Stack Web Developer (Senior)
Manila, Philippines /
BuildZoom is a managed marketplace that is modernizing the $1.2 trillion remodeling and construction industry. We guide clients with residential and light commercial projects through the construction process and help them turn vision into physical reality. Our platform ensures accountability and transparency throughout the process, enabling us to deliver great outcomes in a historically challenging industry. Last year, we managed over $150M in construction projects and are on track to double this year.
We're looking for an experienced software engineer that is ready for a bigger role. Join BuildZoom to be a hands-on contributor, lead by example, establish the architectural vision, and inspire your colleagues to strive for self-improvement. Work closely with senior colleagues in Manila and San Francisco to drive strategy and execution of key initiatives. You will be the first Full Stack Web Developer on a team that is primarily comprised of Data Engineers. You will have the opportunity to lead new efforts and eventually hire more web developers onto your team.
We’re a data company at heart, ingesting vast volumes of construction and real estate data to gain deep insight into the construction marketplace. Our bleeding-edge data ingestion framework has helped us accumulate the most complete and timely data sets in the industry. On top of that wealth of data, we've built analytics capabilities and a recommendations engine that (we hope) will redefine the industry. Data and analytics alone won't cut it though; we need help building sophisticated UX that harnesses the power of our unique assets via data visualizations and workflow tools. Come help us!
Our technologies include Python and Flask, Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, ReactJS, MySQL, Postgres, and Redshift, Elasticsearch
- Implement web functionality including highly-trafficked public web pages, internal analytics visualizations, and complex UX workflows.
- Develop a deep understanding of our business challenges to propose appropriate technology and architecture to best meet our needs.
- Identify and propose product improvement opportunities.
- Hire, train, mentor, and lead your colleagues to help you complete bigger initiatives.
- Collaborate with your colleagues in Manila and San Francisco to overcome challenges affecting the entire organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Professional experience with some of our technologies (Python, Ruby on Rails, ReactJS)
- Broad interests and strengths including software engineering, leadership, mentoring, and product management.
- Drive. An intrinsic motivation to succeed and continuously improve yourself and your surroundings.
- Self Improvement. A dedication to personal growth, achievement, and self-actualization.
- Collaboration. Our team is stronger than the sum of its parts. We help each other succeed.
- Quantitative. Our business decisions are made with data.
- Scrappy and Tenacious. Win in the face of seemingly insurmountable obstacles.