Software Engineer (New College Grad - 2019)
San Francisco, CA
We are building technology to transform the offline process of construction and renovation fraught with confusion and complexity into one that is transparent and simple. As a software engineer at BuildZoom, you'll work with talented engineers, product managers and business stakeholders to solve elusive user and business challenges across the BuildZoom marketplace.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to high-volume systems across the full stack
- Build key software components of the BuildZoom marketplace
- Receive constructive code reviews
- Get mentorship from seasoned industry veterans
You should have:
- At least 2 relevant internships
- At least a bachelors degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Strong fundamentals: OOP and application architecture
- Appreciation for software craftsmanship, quality, maintainability and performance
- Attention to detail and personal pride in your work
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks (e.g.: Ruby on Rails, Django, etc)
- Familiarity with system administration, database design, full-text search engines, machine learning
- Front-end development with a modern JS framework (AngularJS, React), HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
- Experience building APIs for web and mobile
Awesome things about this position:
- As a member of a small team, you get to wear many hats. In addition to application development, we could use help with everything ranging from devops to machine-learning to map-making.
- You will understand the business and participate in top-level strategy discussions with the executive team.
- Your features get used by millions of people. The feedback loop is short. You can tell, quantitatively, if your favorite feature is well received.