Software Engineer (New College Grad - Class of 2019)
San Francisco, CA
We are building technology to transform the offline process of construction and renovation fraught with confusion and complexity into one that is transparent and simple. As a software engineer at BuildZoom, you'll work with talented engineers, product managers and business stakeholders to solve elusive user and business challenges across the BuildZoom marketplace.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to high-volume systems across the full stack
- Build key software components of the BuildZoom marketplace
- Receive constructive code reviews
- Get mentorship from seasoned industry veterans
You should have:
- At least 2 relevant internships
- At least a bachelors degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Strong fundamentals: OOP and application architecture
- Appreciation for software craftsmanship, quality, maintainability and performance
- Attention to detail and personal pride in your work
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks (e.g.: Ruby on Rails, Django, etc)
- Familiarity with system administration, database design, full-text search engines, machine learning
- Front-end development with a modern JS framework (AngularJS, React), HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
- Experience building APIs for web and mobile
Awesome things about this position:
- As a member of a small team, you get to wear many hats. In addition to application development, we could use help with everything ranging from devops to machine-learning to map-making.
- You will understand the business and participate in top-level strategy discussions with the executive team.
- Your features get used by millions of people. The feedback loop is short. You can tell, quantitatively, if your favorite feature is well received.