Sales Representative (Construction)
Oklahoma City, OK
BuildZoom is the leading marketplace for remodeling and construction services. This year, we will connect over 150,000 contracting professionals with over $2B in remodeling and construction contracts and we’re growing nearly 100% each year. What’s more, our customer satisfaction ratings are the highest in the industry, and our investors include some of Silicon Valley’s most prominent names, including Y Combinator, 8VC and Founders Fund.
While the old school way of doing things involved charging contractors for every lead; BuildZoom partners with the best contractors in the US and takes a small referral fee only when they actually win their project. This collaborative model has allowed us to create a large and loyal network of the best contracting professionals in the US today. We are looking for ambitious, energetic, and entrepreneurial individuals who thrive in fast-paced environments, to help expand our network of highly engaged contracting professionals.
We are now hiring for our awesome sales team!
This is an ideal role for someone looking for an entry level role, the opportunity to work as a sales representative, sales associate, get exposure to customer service, the construction industry and/or grow into a sales manager position.
In this role, you'll:
- Using our proprietary technology, which identifies the best contractors in each market, you’ll be responsible for proactively reaching out to them and explaining the benefits of joining our network.
- Gradually cultivate your own network of construction professionals in a target region and ensure they have the knowledge and tools needed to achieve optimal success on BuildZoom.
- Identify opportunities to sell value-add services to the contractors you’ve built a relationship with.
- Collaborate with your peers on the project consulting team (which works to build relationships with property owners) to ensure we’re connecting the right clients with the right contracting businesses.
- BuildZoom tracks the performance of all contractors on its platform - as the contractors in your network emerge into high performers, educate them on our “Elite Contractor” program and give them the coaching and insight needed to achieve this level of accomplishment.
- Work closely with our product and engineering team, providing them with critical feedback on how to make BuildZoom more valuable for your clients.
- Serve as an advocate for your contractor network when it comes to product and company strategic planning.
- Always be looking for ways to improve existing processes, messaging, and tools and communicate these breakthroughs with your peers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2 years of solid sales experience (top recent grads are encouraged to apply)
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual with a positive attitude
- Possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to be the voice of BuildZoom
- Have curiosity and passion to continually learn and implement sales techniques that allow you to achieve your personal best
- Be excited by the prospect of making an impact at a tech startup and growing with our company
- Have a strong phone presence and experience taking dozens of calls per day
- Bring familiarity with real estate, construction, or remodeling industry
- Our interview process includes 1-2 phone screens, an in person interview and reference checks
- Be prepared to speak in detail about your interest in BuildZoom, your experience and specific accomplishments, and to participate in a live exercise/role play that will gauge your qualifications for this role
Expected salary $40000 - $80000