Sales Representative (Construction Industry)
Oklahoma City, OK
BuildZoom uses the largest collection of construction data to match homeowners with well-qualified contractors by integrating technology and the personal touch. Our hands on approach allows people to be confidently informed and equipped for a successful remodeling experience.
We’re on a mission to solve the pain that many homeowners experience regularly as they try to select a home service professional that they can trust. The home remodel and repair industry is highly fragmented and local. Hence, a solution is going to need big data. Over 1 million people/month use BuildZoom to research and hire contractors and we are managing $1 billion/year in remodels. With $11m in Series A venture capital funding from some of the world’s most respected investors including Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, and Formation 8, we are aggressively investing in our sales team in Oklahoma City!
We face incredible demand for our product from both property owners and contractors; we already have 85,000 contractors on our platform and we need you to join our team to take it to the next level.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Consult contractors - coming mainly through inbound inquiries - in a quick sales cycle asking them to create or claim their profile and introducing them to the subscription products designed to help them expand their online presence and grow their business
- Identify the best contractors and opportunistically upsell them to our preferred contractor program to turn them into active champions of the BuildZoom platform
- Seamlessly collaborate with your peers on the Account Management team ensure our contractors become long-term partners
- Provide critical feedback to our growth marketing department in San Francisco to inform their strategic efforts
- Become the go to internal expert for all BuildZoom employees on how our contractors think and behave to inform many of our strategic decisions
- Build up other team members by engaging in regular huddles, team building activities, and maintaining BuildZoom culture
- Be given the freedom and responsibility to change the core BuildZoom platform and internal tools through implementing product and process improvements; we're an open minded start-up looking for people with drive and passion to make lasting changes!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree
- You have 1-2 years of solid sales experience (Top recent grads are encouraged to apply!)
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual with a positive attitude
- You possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to be the voice of BuildZoom
- You have curiosity and passion to continually learn and implement sales techniques that allow you to achieve your personal best
- You are interested in making an impact at a tech startup and growing with our company!
- Previous outside sales experience
- Strong phone presence and experience taking dozens of calls per day
- Familiarity with real estate, construction, or remodeling industry
OUR PLEDGE TO YOU:
- A competitive, guaranteed base salary, a high-ceiling incentive structure and premium benefits.
- You’ll have training and access to an incredible array of technologies and data that will allow you to be a true expert for your clients.
- You’ll work on a rocketship start-up with the potential to influence an enormous market and positively impact millions of people.
- You’ll collaborate with dynamic and passionate peers who will challenge and stimulate you every day.
- Send us your resume or LinkedIn profile with a concise, personalized cover letter that explains why you’d be the right person for the opportunity.
- We’ll conduct an initial phone screen with potential candidates, followed by a brief diagnostic
- The final step will involve an in-person interview with departmental managers. Be prepared to speak in detail about your specific accomplishments and to participate in live exercises that will gauge your qualification for this role.
- Our due diligence process will involve a reference and background check.