Sales Representative (Construction Industry)
Oklahoma City, OK
Here at BuildZoom we’re on a mission to help property owners find the perfect contractor for any job and we're proud to be building a two-sided marketplace that people love. We're out to solve the pain that millions of homeowners experience regularly as they try to select a home service professional that they can trust. The home remodel and repair industry is highly fragmented and local. Hence, a solution is going to need big data. As such, we're a smart group of passionate techies that's focused on bringing order (and dare we say delight) to an age old, recurring problem. Over 1 million people/month use BuildZoom to research and hire contractors and we are managing $1 billion/year in remodels. With $11m in Series A venture capital funding from some of the world’s most respected investors including Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, and Formation 8, we are aggressively investing in our Oklahoma team (see our article in The Norman Transcript: http://tinyurl.com/he5guns)
We face incredible demand for our product from both property owners and contractors; we already have 85,000 contractors on our platform and we need you to join our team to take it to the next level.
In this impactful role you’ll:
- Consult contractors - coming mainly through in-bound inquiries - in a quick sales cycle asking them to create or claim their profile and introducing them to the subscription products designed to help them expand their online presence and grow their business
- Identify the best contractors and opportunistically upsell them to our preferred contractor program to turn them into active champions of the BuildZoom platform
- Seamlessly collaborate with your peers on the Account Management team ensure our contractors become long-term partners
- Provide critical feedback to our growth marketing department in San Francisco to inform their strategic efforts
- Become the go to internal expert for all BuildZoom employees on how our contractors think and behave to inform many of our strategic decisions
- Build up other team members by engaging in regular huddles, team building activities, and maintaining BuildZoom culture
- Be given the freedom and responsibility to change the core BuildZoom platform and internal tools through implementing product and process improvements; we're an open minded start-up looking for people with drive and passion to make lasting changes!
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree
- You have 1-2 years of solid sales experience (Top recent grads are encouraged to apply!)
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual with a positive attitude
- Prior successful sales or lead qualification experience is a plus but not necessary
- You possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to be the voice of BuildZoom
- You have curiosity and passion to continually learn and implement sales techniques that allow you to achieve your personal best
- You are interested in making an impact at a tech startup and growing with our company!
- Previous outside sales experience
- Strong phone presence and experience taking dozens of calls per day
- Familiarity with real estate, construction, or remodeling industry
What we are offering:
- Competitive base salary and quarterly bonuses plus the opportunity to earn equity!
- Ongoing mentorship and career development from BuildZoom management including thousands that we’ve invested into sales training modules
- Exposure across the organization to operations, customer success, marketing, and product
- Dinner/happy hour outings at the best local restaurants
- Fully paid medical and dental benefits, paid for gym membership, and unlimited office snacks and drinks!
- Team building and volunteer events throughout the year
- A rocket ship start-up environment (we grew 8x in the last year!) based in the Silicon Valley
We carefully hire the best talent we can find and prioritize people who bring out the best in us and in their colleagues. This is an important role with a huge amount of upward potential. If you think you fulfill most of these criteria and can add something special to our very positive culture, please send your resume or LinkedIn profile our way!