Business Development Manager
San Francisco, CA
BuildZoom is modernizing the $1.2 trillion remodeling and construction industry through a data-driven marketplace built on a foundation of objectivity and transparency. Since emerging from Y Combinator in 2013, we've rapidly grown and currently help over 1.25 million people each month make critical decisions about their homes.
BuildZoom faces incredible demand for our product from property owners, contractors, and potential partners — helping us drive $2+ billion worth of projects this year with plenty of runway to go. We're looking for a uniquely talented individual to help expand our BD and Data Partnership efforts. The role will come with many challenges: formulating and executing collaborations with premier Fortune 100 firms, creating an acquisition and retention platform for our partners, and co-developing partnership strategy with BZ leadership.
In this role you’ll:
- Identify, close and implement valuable strategic partnerships with Fortune 100s, disruptive tech firms, and gov't organizations
- Develop an in-house, multi-million dollar business and capacity to generate tremendous positive value at-scale
- Define our partnership strategy with professional construction organizations across the US, including architecture firms, realtors, design firms, developers and installers
- Craft a partnership roadmap aligned with our long term product and company vision and execute that strategy alongside the team
- At least 2 years of experience in business development, sales, management consulting, or finance
- Strong individual contributor who, armed with a humble curiosity, is hungry to learn and build
- Scrappy and bias towards execution — you figure out a way to make things happen
- Data- and hypothesis-driven
- The opportunity to build and earn ownership of a key part of our business while working directly with the company’s leadership.
- You’ll work on a rocketship start-up with the potential to influence an enormous market and positively impact millions of people.
- You’ll collaborate with dynamic and passionate peers across the company, who will challenge and stimulate you every day.
- Competitive equity, salary and benefits.
- Fun startup working environment in a beautiful office with limitless office snacks, drinks, catered lunches and quarterly trips.