Accounts Receivable Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK
Here at BuildZoom we’re on a mission to help property owners find the perfect contractor for any job and we're proud to be building a two-sided marketplace that people love. We're out to solve the pain that millions of homeowners experience regularly as they try to select a home service professional that they can trust. The home remodel and repair industry is highly fragmented and local. As such, a solution is going to need big data. We're a smart group of passionate techies that's focused on bringing order (and dare we say delight) to an age old, recurring problem.
Over 1 million people/month use BuildZoom to research and hire contractors and we are managing $1 billion/year in remodels. With $11m in Series A venture capital funding from some of the world’s most respected investors including Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, and Formation 8, we are aggressively investing in our Oklahoma team (see our article in The Norman Transcript: http://tinyurl.com/he5guns)
We face incredible demand for our product from both property owners and contractors; we already have 85,000 contractors on our platform and we need you to join our team to take it to the next level.
- Own communication across all channels with customers that have outstanding invoices
- Analyze and apply collection techniques to reduce delinquencies
- Understand and discuss personal and financial difficulties
- Recommend and negotiate payment arrangements
- Take appropriate action as primary point of contact with customers
- Help inform BuildZoom’s strategy with respect to customers who have outstanding invoices
- Create avenues to collect new revenue by using data and further research
- Previous collections and/or accounts receivable experience
- Strong communication ability
- Customer service focus
- Precise attention to detail
- Experience in startups
- Experience in contracting/remodeling space
- Bilingual, fluent in both English and Spanish
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary and quarterly bonuses plus the opportunity to earn equity!
- Ongoing mentorship and career development from BuildZoom management including thousands that we’ve invested into sales training modules
- Exposure across the organization to operations, customer success, marketing, and product
- Dinner/happy hour outings at the best local restaurants
- Fully paid medical and dental benefits, paid for gym membership, and unlimited office snacks and drinks!
- Team building and volunteer events throughout the year
- A rocket ship start-up environment (we grew 8x in the last year!) based in the Silicon Valley
We carefully hire the best talent we can find and prioritize people who bring out the best in us and in their colleagues. This is an important role with a huge amount of upward potential. If you think you fulfill most of these criteria and can add something special to our very positive culture, please send your resume or LinkedIn profile our way!