Head of Contractor Success
San Francisco, CA
BuildZoom is the fastest growing remodeling marketplace in the US. In 2016, BuildZoom enabled over $1 billion dollars in remodeling and construction projects and is on pace to double this figure in 2017, however we’re still only scratching the surface of a domestic market that exceeds $350 billion.
Our growth has been facilitated by a data system that gives us insight into every licensed contractor in the US and over 150 million projects they’ve completed over the past several decades.
As VP of Contractor Success, you will spearhead our efforts to cultivate the nation’s largest community of top-notch construction professionals. To meet this challenge, you will collaborate with our leadership team to develop and lead a world class sales operation.
- Provide leadership, communicate strategic direction and direct the activities of the sales organization.
- Report directly to the SVP of Operations and work in close collaboration with the company’s Founders, Sales Operations, Marketing, Product and others to develop strategy to drive contractor acquisition, retention and satisfaction
- Own execution of that strategy, leading a large team to acquire, onboard and engage our supply side participants.
- Build a world class sales team by owning the hiring, training, development, evaluation, coaching and recognition of our team.
- Foster continuous improvement; ensure that all sales activities(sales calls, pipeline development, account planning, customer account reviews, etc.) are efficient, effective and scalable
- Work with Sales Ops and Analytics to develop and maintain KPIs, dashboards, and reporting to improve onboarding, training and feedback mechanisms for team members.
- Own thequarterly sales planning process, including development of go-to-market business plans, territory and quota planning and operational plan for Sales teams
- Engage with the Sales team and stakeholders in other departments to get ongoing feedback on the sales process; drive improvements
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous experience scaling a sales organization, building structures and systems to operationalize and create efficiencies
- Prior track record of successfully engaging and motivating highly productive sales teams
- Demonstrable success carrying a quota and hitting aggressive sales targets
- Well-rounded and comprehensive direct sales and management experience including general management, sales, pre-sales, business operations, etc.
- Strong command of business process; adept at viewing things holistically as well as digging into the details
- Exceptional skill in verbal and written communications; must also be an excellent listener
- Proven ability to successfully articulate and address complex business issues and opportunities
- Skilled at promoting collaboration and driving problem resolution across all levels of a business including senior leadership
- Experience in two-sided marketplaces and/or the construction industry a major plus
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- Empowering, fun, ambitious startup culture
- Immediate, direct and clear impact on a company that you can really believe in, one that has been proven to drive tremendous value for high quality small businesses and property owners across the country
- Close collaboration with BuildZoom’s founders and senior leaders
- Opportunity to hone a variety of skills, from helping to define the company’s direction to inspiring a large team to step up to meet a challenge
We carefully hire the best talent we can find and prioritize people who bring out the best in us and in their colleagues. This is an important role with a huge amount of potential and ownership. If you think you fulfill most of these criteria and can add something special to our very positive culture, please send your resume or LinkedIn profile our way!