Full-Stack Engineer (Mid-Sr Level)
San Francisco, CA
BuildZoom is fixing the trillion-dollar construction industry by providing people with the information they need to make great decisions and tools needed to simplify and de-risk the process from start-to-finish. As a full-stack engineer with BuildZoom, you'll play an incredibly important role by building technology to transform an offline process fraught with confusion and complexity into one that is transparent and simple.
- Build elegant solutions to the workflow challenges associated with home-remodeling projects
- Brainstorm and implement creative ways to visualize hundreds of millions of complex data points
- Overcome the challenges associated competing priorities: beautiful aesthetic, UX, page performance and SEO
- Deploy new features daily and iterate on improvements
- Give and receive constructive code reviews
You should have:
- At least 3 years professional experience
- At least a bachelors degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Experience with medium-to-large scale RoR deployments
- Strong fundamentals: OOP and application architecture
- Appreciation for software craftsmanship, quality, maintainability and performance
- Attention to detail and personal pride in your work
- Familiarity with system administration, database design, full-text search engines, machine learning
- Front-end development with HTML, CSS, AngularJS, Bootstrap
- Experience building APIs for web and mobile
- Experience with scaling for exponential user growth
- Experience developing online marketplaces
Awesome things about this position:
- As engineer #10, you get to wear many hats. In addition to application development, we could use help with everything ranging from devops to machine-learning to map-making.
- As a core member of a small team, we expect you to understand the business and participate in top-level strategy discussions with the executive team.
- Your features get used by millions of people. The feedback loop is short. You can tell, quantitatively, if your favorite feature is well received.
Due to the high volume of exceptional candidates we receive, we regrettably are not able to personally respond to everyone.
If you don’t hear back from us at any point, please know that your application was thoroughly reviewed at each stage of the interview process, and was subsequently kept on file for future opportunities that may become available.
Furthermore, feel free to check back frequently and reapply. Reach Emily@buildzoom.com with any questions!