Software Engineer, Full Stack
San Francisco, CA
We are building technology to transform the offline process of construction and renovation fraught with confusion and complexity into one that is transparent and simple. As a full-stack engineer at BuildZoom, you'll work with talented engineers, product managers and business stakeholders to solve elusive user and business challenges across the BuildZoom marketplace.
In this role you will:
- Architect high-volume systems across the full stack
- Own key software components of the BuildZoom marketplace
- Give and receive constructive code reviews
- Mentor and coach college interns
- Get mentorship from seasoned industry veterans
You should have:
- At least 2 years professional experience
- At least a bachelors degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks (e.g.: Ruby on Rails, Django, etc)
- Strong fundamentals: OOP and application architecture
- Appreciation for software craftsmanship, quality, maintainability and performance
- Attention to detail and personal pride in your work
- Familiarity with system administration, database design, full-text search engines, machine learning
- Front-end development with a modern JS framework (AngularJS, React), HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
- Experience building APIs for web and mobile
- Experience developing online marketplaces
Awesome things about this position:
- As a member of a small team, you get to wear many hats. In addition to application development, we could use help with everything ranging from devops to machine-learning to map-making.
- You will understand the business and participate in top-level strategy discussions with the executive team.
- Your features get used by millions of people. The feedback loop is short. You can tell, quantitatively, if your favorite feature is well received.