Senior Software Engineer, Back End
BuildZoom (YC '13) is seeking to transform the $1.3 trillion dollar old-school construction industry using data, natural language processing, and machine learning.
We're looking for an engineer with a couple years of experience looking to take on substantially more technical and leadership responsibilities. Join BuildZoom in this role to both drive the technical direction of our data science and data engineering roadmap, and also work with the product team to plot our product strategy.
We’re a data company at heart, ingesting vast volumes of construction and real estate data to gain deep insight into the construction marketplace. Our bleeding edge data ingestion framework has helped us accumulate one of the most complete and timely data sets in the industry.
We work hard towards our mission, but the best thing about BuildZoom is our team. We maintain a fun and supportive environment focused on learning, teaching, collaborating, and building cool things.
- At least 4 years professional experience
- At least a bachelors degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Experience with high throughput batch processing and/or streaming systems (spark, kinesis, kafka, etc)
- Experience with traditional or modern data storage solutions (mysql, postgres, redis, redshift, snowflake, etc)
- Strong OOP or FP fundamentals
- Knowledge of how to investigate multi-system data processing issues
Some things you might work on:
- Design and implement both batch processing and streaming data pipelines
- Work with data science to understand our data using NLP and modern classification tools
- Research and build the next generation of our recommendation system
- Collaborate with internal and external users to determine how to expose this complex data
- Drive our data science and engineering strategy
- Automate the management of lambda driven processing
- Drive. A passionate desire to improve the construction and remodeling industry.
- Self Improvement. A dedication to personal growth, achievement, and self-actualization.
- Collaboration. Our team is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- Quantitative. Our business decisions are made with data.
- Scrappy and Tenacious. Win in the face of seemingly insurmountable obstacles.
- Spend every day with a team of world-class individuals
- Shape the future of a fast-growing startup in an enormous industry
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- Medical and dental insurance
- Lunch, drinks and snacks
- Poker and movie nights, karaoke, ski trips and weekend brunches
If you like what BuildZoom is doing but are not sure if you fit every requirement, please apply anyway! We're open minded and can make an exception or recommend you for a related role as the company grows.