Field Operations Lead
San Francisco, California
Construction has long been the engine of economic growth. But faced with cost overruns, critical infrastructure backlog, and an unprecedented labor shortage, the industry is in need of meaningful innovation to keep up.
At Built Robotics, we are automating heavy equipment to make construction safer, faster, and cheaper. Our team is developing a software suite that leverages off-the-shelf sensors to make equipment fully autonomous. It hasn’t been easy—in fact, no one has ever done what we’re doing—but with over $100 billion in heavy equipment services performed in the US each year, we believe we’re on to something.
We’re backed by a $15M Series A from NEA and Founders Fund — two of the largest and most successful venture capital firms in the world. With our technology already deployed on active construction sites, we have a clear path to scaling our business and you’ll have a foundational role in charting this growth and bringing innovation to one of the world’s most critical industries.
As Field Operations Lead you’ll have broad responsibility for our autonomous machines, hardware, and facilities, both in development and in the field. You’ll lead our deployments on construction projects, coordinating mobilization, running autonomous machines day-to-day, and working closely with our construction customers and partners. In addition, you will be the link between the job site and the engineering team, ensuring that we have complete data and thorough analysis to help us develop a more robust system.
Much of our software development also requires running tests on actual hardware, and you’ll work with the engineering team to run the machines and get comfortable doing front-line operations, debugging, and troubleshooting. Finally, you will be on the front line, representing the Built Robotics brand with our construction customers and partners to ensure we are delivering the best possible product.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Deploy robots into the field and work with our partners while ensuring seamless, safe, and accurate work
- Work with the engineering team on identifying and reproducing bugs
- Maintain equipment, electronics and sensors
- Assist in testing robots in our facility
- Be a liaison between operations and engineering
- Install sensors and other components on equipment
- Develop best practices for operations & preventative maintenance
- Ensure that our facilities and tools are consistently kept in tidy, safe, and presentable condition
- Develop construction knowledge and skills to guarantee a high-quality product
- Represent the Built Robotics brand in the field and working with our customers
- BS in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working with, repairing, and maintaining heavy equipment and machinery
- Excellent hands-on technical ability, including prototype design and fabrication, soldering, metalworking and woodworking
- Very strong communication skills, especially with operators and customers
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in new situations, pick up new skills, and do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to drive trucks, operate heavy equipment, and lift 60 lbs
- Willingness to travel to the field an average of 2-3 times per month; sometimes more according to business requirements
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive equity and salary
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
- In-office gym
- 100% employer-sponsored health insurance, for you, your spouse and children
- A pair of steel-toe boots
- Opportunity to work on a 80,000-pound autonomous robot