VP of Engineering
San Francisco, California
We are building the future of construction.
Our mission is to take the latest sensors from self-driving cars, retrofit them into proven equipment from the job site, and develop a suite of autonomous software designed specifically for the requirements of construction and earthmoving. And over the last two years, with a team of dedicated engineers, roboticists, and construction experts, that’s what we’ve done. It hasn’t been easy—in fact, no one has ever done what we’re doing—but with over $100 billion in heavy equipment services performed in the US each year, it feels like we’re on to something.
We're backed by a $15M Series A from NEA and Founders Fund—two of the largest and most successful venture capital firms in the world. And we’re already deployed on active construction sites, with a clear path to scaling our business.
As VP of Engineering, you’ll build the team that builds the robot. You’ll be responsible for recruiting, onboarding and leading our engineering team, but you’ll still have time to roll up your sleeves and write some code (or replace a blown hydraulic hose). You’ll prepare us to deploy our robots at scale by combining a deep understanding of our technical roadmap, our customers’ requirements and needs, and our long-term business strategy.
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science or related field
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Successful track record leading an engineering team
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with distributed systems
- Familiarity with ROS is a plus
- Entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Experience with autonomous vehicles is a plus
- Mechanical engineering experience is a plus, but not required
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive equity and salary
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
- In-office gym
- 100% employer-sponsored health insurance, for you, your spouse and children
- A pair of steel-toe boots
- Opportunity to work on a 50,000-pound autonomous robot