San Francisco, California
We are building the future of construction.
Our mission is to take the latest sensors from self-driving cars, retrofit them into proven equipment from the job site, and develop a suite of autonomous software designed specifically for the requirements of construction and earthmoving. And over the last two years, with a team of dedicated engineers, roboticists, and construction experts, that’s what we’ve done. It hasn’t been easy—in fact, no one has ever done what we’re doing—but with over $100 billion in heavy equipment services performed in the US each year, it feels like we’re on to something.
We're backed by a $15M Series A from NEA and Founders Fund—two of the largest and most successful venture capital firms in the world. And we’re already deployed on active construction sites, with a clear path to scaling our business.
As a software engineer on our team you’ll be designing, developing, testing and improving our autonomous construction equipment. You’ll be a generalist, doing everything from optimizing controllers to designing high-level planners for new construction tasks to improving the accuracy of our object recognition systems. You’ll have a significant impact on the product road map, and you’ll deploy code every day.
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science or related field
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with distributed systems
- Familiarity with ROS is a plus
- Knowledge of computer vision is a plus
- Mechanical engineering experience is a plus, but not required
- Controls experience is a plus, but not required
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive equity and salary
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
- In-office gym
- 100% employer-sponsored health insurance, for you, your spouse and children
- A pair of steel-toe boots
- Opportunity to work on a 50,000-pound autonomous robot